POLL!!! Quaker State VS Valvoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Eddie
Why isn't a poll such as this put in a bar graph which is easery to get the information AND uses less aerver space AND viewer time?

Too bad BITOG doesn't provide this functionality like other forums do. Then again, if it did, we would be awash in polls.

I have 2 jugs of Valvoline conventional at home, and 1 jug of QS conventional. I guess Valvoline wins
laugh.gif

(I have been a long time Valvoline user)

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
I have 2 jugs of Valvoline conventional at home, and 1 jug of QS conventional.
I guess Valvoline wins
laugh.gif

(I have been a long time Valvoline user)

that`s what i have in my stash too,plus two jugs of gtx. i cant make my mind up half the time on what oil i want to run. and i have a synthetic stash as well.
eek.gif

Valvoline Synpower!

Not for those who want to put over 10,000 miles on their oil. Shows impressive UOA results - my guess is superior base oils are the reason for this. My engine hits redline daily (often more than once) and it gets Synpower and OEM filter every ~5,000 miles.

I put Valvoline Synpower 0w-20 in my van. It seems to run still.
smile.gif
Never tried QS. I wonder if the guy on the oatmeal cannister makes the oil as well?
smile.gif

Quaker State is made by SOPUS (Shell); Valvoline is made by Ashland. I trust Shell more than I trust Ashland.

Quaker State

Originally Posted By: ponderosaTX
Quaker State is made by SOPUS (Shell); Valvoline is made by Ashland. I trust Shell more than I trust Ashland.

Quaker State

Do you really trust the Dutch, remember they bought Anheuser-Busch.
28.gif
27.gif

Valvoline between the two

Nobody, but, nobody, should be running Quaker Sludge in an engine

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bob15
Valvoline between the two

Nobody, but, nobody, should be running Quaker Sludge in an engine

bob your joking right?

Lexus, no I'm serious. I will never use Quaker Sludge in any engine I own.

I have seen too many engines over the years that have been sludged up from using there product. Things like push rods that have the oil hole plugged, return gallery holes plugged, valve covers with more than a 1/4" of sludge on them with many engines less than 100K on them.

bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back