Power service in gasoline or ethanol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen a few topic go near this idea, but seems the discussion stears away into a snake oil debate. PS on the other hand has facts presented in the Power service cetane improver silver bottle msds. These are very beneficial sounding materials, but at what doses? Anything furthering humanity would be beneficial. Thank you for your time and consideration.

15 views and nothing? power service has some profound ingredients. such as xylene, ethyl-benzene and, naphthalene. These are all know for their performance attributes. actually f1 use to run on a toluene xylene mix in the 80's. This help them get 400 hp out of a turbo 4, and very little pre-ignition. which is the downfall of gasoline engines. Well thank you for any response, and further the human race with evolution in your mind.

I have thought the exact same thing after reading the ingredient content of 'Sulfur Substitute' from Gunk/Solder Seal (Radiator Specialty). After much conversation with their chemists they say to NOT mix these ingredients with gasoline.

The Gunk/Solder Seal 'Sulfur Substitute' product for diesel engines appears to be nearly identical to their 'Lead Substitute' for gasoline engines. I don't know why they say not to use one in place of the other but there must be something in the indredients that isn't published on the MSDS that is proprietary and could be detrimental to the performance of either engine design.

So they say not to do it.. so I don't do it. I do use the Sulfur Substitute in my diesel powered car but it does NOTHING for cetane improvement or engine noise. It is supposed to be a excellent lubricity additive though.

Power Service is great in diesel fuel but I doubt you'd get much out of it for your gasoline engine. Most diesel additives are upwards of 75% diesel as a carrier in any case.

Remember too that cetane & octane are 'opposites'... that is, the cetane number is a measure of the ignition delay during compression ignition - the amount of time between injection & combustion... higher CN fuels start to burn quicker after injection. On the other hand, octane rating is based on the antiknock (anti-self-combustion / controlled explosion) properties of the fuel, higher ON fuels resist self-detonation.

So increasing CN will decrease its relative ON & vice-versa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back