Help, 2011 Volkswagon Jetta headlight bulb!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. I hope someone here can help me with this issue. I have read the whole owners book and spent days online with out finding the answer.

Does anyone know what bulb goes in the Headlights for the 2011 Jetta?

I think H7's are in the older Jetta's just not sure on the new ones. . . .

I want to upgrade the bulbs. I guess I could just call the parts department at VW, but I just wanted to see if anyone here knew.

Thanks!

As far as upgrades, be very careful. I sold a 2006 Jetta to a customer. The previous owner ( a salesman at the dealership where I work) replaced the bulbs with HID bulbs. It blew the wiper motor circuit board. Apparently, there is a TSB from VW regarding this issue. I'm not sure if this same issue exists with the 2011 Jetta or not, but I would find out first.

Sylvania has a complete replacement guide online. Go to www.sylvania.com and go to consumer products and replacement guide. (Sorry, my computer skills do't enable me to give you a link)--Oldtommy

Originally Posted By: 2oldtommy
Sylvania has a complete replacement guide online. Go to www.sylvania.com and go to consumer products and replacement guide. (Sorry, my computer skills do't enable me to give you a link)--Oldtommy

They don't list 2011. To be honest though, whatever bulbs are in your car are probably very good. There are not a whole lot of upgraded bulbs out there. The only bulbs that are really worth anything would be something like the "XtraVision" or "Nighthawk" or "BriteLite" series bulbs, which could give you a little bit wider beam from the filament. I've done a lot of research on headlamps. If you look at Daniel Stern lighting, you will find a ton of information on automotive lighting.

http://danielsternlighting.com/

Originally Posted By: Johnny248
Originally Posted By: 2oldtommy

They don't list 2011. To be honest though, whatever bulbs are in your car are probably very good. There are not a whole lot of upgraded bulbs out there. The only bulbs that are really worth anything would be something like the "XtraVision" or "Nighthawk" or "BriteLite" series bulbs, which could give you a little bit wider beam from the filament. I've done a lot of research on headlamps. If you look at Daniel Stern lighting, you will find a ton of information on automotive lighting.

http://danielsternlighting.com/

Thank you. I was planning on getting the Osram Night Breaker plus's.

I found out there H7's from my local VW parts counter. He had no idea what the DRL (daytime running lights) were tho. . . .

Anyone know where I can get Night Breakers from the states?

Personally, I'd probably try a pair of Sylvania Xtravisions. In H7, I think they're like 15 bucks apiece. I've tried a ton of aftermarket bulbs over the years. Sylvania Cool Blue, Toshiba HIR, Philips Vision Plus, GE Nighthawk, etc, and I've finally come to believe that the Sylvania Xtravision offers the best bang-for-the-buck, in terms of price, long life, availability (everywhere), etc.

Originally Posted By: mikered30
You will find out soon enough, it is a VW, they blow bulbs all the time.

Yep! My '00 GTI has a healthy appetite for low beams.

Originally Posted By: mikered30
You will find out soon enough, it is a VW, they blow bulbs all the time.

that's because the DRLs are the low beam at about 96% intensity.

the new 2011 Jetta (and subsequently 2012 Passat) have dedicated DRLs now.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Personally, I'd probably try a pair of Sylvania Xtravisions. In H7, I think they're like 15 bucks apiece. I've tried a ton of aftermarket bulbs over the years. Sylvania Cool Blue, Toshiba HIR, Philips Vision Plus, GE Nighthawk, etc, and I've finally come to believe that the Sylvania Xtravision offers the best bang-for-the-buck, in terms of price, long life, availability (everywhere), etc.

I've heard good things about the xtravisions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back