Amsoil Oil Filter for multiple changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently started changing my own oil after a nearly a 20 year break. (Last oil change was in my 1977 Olds Delta 88 (Indy Pace Car colors with a 403 motor)

Now I have a 2006 Honda CRV that I drive about 7500 miles per year, mostly stop and go driving. I also have a 2006 Dodge Caravan that I drive about 4500 miles per year, mostly stop and go driving.

Changing the CRV is easy, I don't even need to lift it. The Caravan on the other hand needs to be raised. Also, changing them at this time of year in the unheated garage can be challenging.

I was thinking about using a Liquivac

My question is if I use one of the Amsoil high efficiency oil filters, can I go one year without changing the filter, if I change the oil every 2-3 months using the Motorcraft Synthetic Blend or am I asking for trouble.

The answer is yes, you can. You only drive 7500 miles with one rig, and only 4500 miles with the other. The Amsoil filter can easily go that far or farther.

Why would you change the oil every 2-3 months using a syn blend? That oil might go the full 7500 miles, but if it were me I'd use a good full synthetic.

Originally Posted By: hate2work

The answer is yes, you can. You only drive 7500 miles with one rig, and only 4500 miles with the other. The Amsoil filter can easily go that far or farther.

Why would you change the oil every 2-3 months using a syn blend? That oil might go the full 7500 miles, but if it were me I'd use a good full synthetic.

I change it that often to get the water, etc. out of the oil. I never get it up to temperature.

I choose the MC synthetic blend, because at $12.50 for 5 quarts, it seems to be the best bargain out there!

I sent in a UOA to Terry Dyson and he told me that I could use my Amsoil EAO filter over 2 changes... So that would be 20,000KM of use or (12,000 miles). FWIW

Originally Posted By: bakechad

I change it that often to get the water, etc. out of the oil. I never get it up to temperature.

I choose the MC synthetic blend, because at $12.50 for 5 quarts, it seems to be the best bargain out there!

OK, sounds like a good plan to me :) And I agree, that oil has shown some good UOAs and is a very good value. What weight are you going to use?

I used the EAO filter for 3 oil changes. The UOAs came back with excellent numbers, though the particle count went up on the second run and was elevated on the third but less than the second. Go for it, this filter is built to take it.

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
What kind of oil?

Amsoil might say no, but I would do it myself........
As long as you don't have sludge and use a decent oil you should be OK.

Originally Posted By: bakechad

My question is if I use one of the Amsoil high efficiency oil filters, can I go one year without changing the filter, if I change the oil every 2-3 months using the Motorcraft Synthetic Blend or am I asking for trouble.

Ok Johnny it was getting late.......
blush.gif

OK, sounds like a good plan to me :) And I agree, that oil has shown some good UOAs and is a very good value. What weight are you going to use?

5w20 for the CRV
5w30 for the Caravan

I know this is an old post but I have the same question. If I am using non AMSOIL oil can I use the same AMSOIL filter for multiple fluid changes? If so I would be changing the filter annually due to not exceeding the mileage in either case of 15k or 25k. Changing the filter isn't a concern, but I would really like the filtration that the AMSOIL oil filters supposedly offer. One of the cars would be averaging about 10k per year. The other would be 12-15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back