Ethanol Free Gas Listings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a State to State listing of all the Non-Ethanol Gas Stations.

It includes the City, Store Name, Address, Gas Supplier, Octane level & Map.

www.pure-gas.org

Enjoy!

Blended fuel only became available at our local terminal about a year ago. Unless it was trucked in from somewhere else, fuel around here was ethanol free regardless of any disclaimer(s) on the retail dispenser.

Ethanol free gas is still readily available in all grades at my local pipeline terminal. Here, unadulterated gasoline is almost always 3.5 cents cheaper at the rack than blended fuel, but the government gives a 4.5 cent credit on the federal tax, so most of the fuel sold at retail is blended.

In the retail motor fuel business, a penny might as well be a dollar. People go crazy over it.

I'm starting to question whether this gas is actually better from these stations. From the list of my state, all of these station's are mom and pap places that may not be very well maintained with older gasoline storage tanks. Who knows what's floating around there and if it will make it, to your vehicles fuel tank.

Yes, the gas may be more pure, but the stations may be poorly maintained which negates the benefit of using these ethanol free places.

Last edited:
I think that the only way one can insure that it is in fact 100% gasoline is by using an Ethanol test kit.

Some states also have no requirement that pumps be labeled when fuel contains Ethanol.

I try to buy fuel at stations that turn over a lot of it. We do have a few stations yet here that have signs bragging about not having any Ethanol in the fuel.

One often wonders?

There should be few to none old UST's in service at this point. Notice how few gas stations there are these days? The infrastructure costs are horrific for little profit margin on the dispensed product.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Here is a State to State listing of all the Non-Ethanol Gas Stations.

It includes the City, Store Name, Address, Gas Supplier, Octane level & Map.

www.pure-gas.org

Enjoy!

Thanks for posting, but by area has gone all corn-hugger. No real gas stations even remotely close by.

Originally Posted By: SrDriver
I think that the only way one can insure that it is in fact 100% gasoline is by using an Ethanol test kit.

Some states also have no requirement that pumps be labeled when fuel contains Ethanol.

I try to buy fuel at stations that turn over a lot of it. We do have a few stations yet here that have signs bragging about not having any Ethanol in the fuel.

One often wonders?

The convenience store/cafe in Gretna where I go does a very brisk business. They're about .06 more per gallon than the Walmart alky stuff, about .03 more than other convenience stores (which also sell the ethanol stuff). But the word has gotten around that the alky blend is a bill of goods, and so they have plenty of customers.

The owner told me he wanted to put a big "NO ETHANOL!" sign up at the highway, but the state wouldn't allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back