Best Fuel Injector Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering what everyone likes to use as a fuel injector cleaner. Or all around fuel system cleaner.
I've used Chevron Techron and liked it. Used MMO in the tank too, and didn't seem to hurt anything.
So what is everyone using?

I have yet to find one that works well other than the large can type used at the dealership that are pushed directly into the fuel rail under pressure via a small hose but,those are a bit on the expensive side and you have to of course pay the labor charge unless you have the equipment to diy.Berrymans B-12 Chemtool has yielded slight results for me and would be my first choice as well as Techron also the Lucas in the small bottle i feel has been a slight help at times.My
49.gif
on the subject.

My '96 Ford Windstar tended to develop deposits over the spray end of the fuel injectors over time.
It was not phased at all by Redline, Techron, and a bunch of other cleaners.
My mechanic told me to try Berryman's B12 Chemtool......in the metal can.
This cleaned up the deposits.
He explained to me that the other cleaners that I mentioned are DETERGENT based, whereas the Berryman's is SOLVENT based.
From this......I decided that Berryman's is a good once in a while product for tough deposits.
The other's are good for general cleaning or for "maintenance dose" treatment where a little is added to each fill up of the fuel tank.
The Berryman's might not be such a good product to use for a "maintenance dose" program.

I used to use Techron then Amsoil PI but now I like BG44K. Its rather pricy at the parts stores but usually better on line. I think you get what you pay for when it comes to injector cleaners.

Redline and Techron. Proven to work. Don't waste your time on the STP, Gumout and others available at the parts stores.

For the past 10 years, I've only used Chevron fuels in my cars. Techron concentrate dropped my MPG slightly while over the past few months I've used maint. dosage of Redline and it has raised my MPG by about 1-2 MPG, over 4-5 tanks.

You want a POA based cleaner, so Techron or Gumout Regaine. While not a POA (I believe this is correct) I would also use the Amsoil products. Forget the MMO. Read about Techron on Chevron's website.

BG 44K is in my tank now(second tank in a row) and really is making a big difference in waking up my 03 Acura MDX V6.

The Acura Dealer told me to try BG 44K and see if it would take care of a carbon build up in my upper cylinder/head. At idle I had a knock at idle under 1K rpm. Engine knock now is slightly quieter and the engine is running very smooth. Accelerator response is greatly improved.

May try a third consecutive tank to see if the slight knock at idle goes completely away. Right now, it is a little quieter but I just started the 2nd tank with BG 44K.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back