I've never seen this come out of an oil bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was putting some Napa 5w30 in a customers truck today when I saw this come out of the bottle and go down the funnel. I was able to fish it out of the engine.

I dont think that it would hurt anything. I am a little suprized that a piece of plastic 8 inches long didn't get found before the bottle was filled.

0223011610.jpg

if it melted, it might make a nice coating and really quiet things down.
wink.gif
good catch and great job being conscientious.

After seeing this.....I wish they still made the funnels with the metal screen inside the cup of the funnel. It looks like the plastic seal that wraps around the bottom of the cap.

Glad you were able to "Fish" it out.

It's very soft plastic. I really don't think that it would hurt anything. It's big enough for a filter to catch and maybe even too big to fit through the holes in the pickup tube.

In reality it would probly stay up on the head of the 460 Ford that I was putting oil in.

Looks like a piece of plastic that came of from machining and fell into a different bottle.This is something that probably would not be caught by and inspection unless the bottle was turned upside down and shaken.

A prize inside the oil bottle? Kind`ve like when I was a kid,cereal boxes had prizes/toys inside :^)

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Originally Posted By: XS650
That's just a really big VII molecule that is partially unwound.

crackmeup2.gif

That is by far the funniest comment ever made on BITOG. Well done sir!
crackmeup2.gif
01.gif

It's NAPA's new instant plasti-gage. You run that over an OCI then see how squished the shards are next time you drain it. No engine disassembly required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back