RED LINE OIL at DAYTONA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
as an aside the V8Supercar scene hera has a few "stories" too!

I once went into a V8Supercar engine supplier and shhell/chassis shop who are supplied by Castrol - when I asked details of the lubricants nobody knew - not even the Owner! Secrecy abounds!!!! I already knew but that's another story!

Last edited:
I would guess that the motor oil provided to NASCAR is not the same stuff that we buy in jugs from walmart. However, I do remember a couple years back there was a guy pouring a quart of PP into a nascar engine, that screengrab was shown on this website and others.

Here is an interesting bit I found, with a quote I think may be of interest...

Stewart-Haas Racing of course buys their motors and chassis from Hendrick Motorsports, who has a motor oil agreement with Quaker State. When asked if HMS’ involvement with Quaker State would force teams that bought his equipment to use that product Rick Hendrick said, “The folks that rent or lease motors from us, do whatever they want to do. That’s their call.”

Originally Posted By: willix
The Redline motor exploded after 11 laps.

So, want to make odds on whether it was a lubrication-related issue?
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary
Hi,
willix - Sounds like they exceeded the redline........

Meanwhile, both of the Mobil 1 protected engines of Stewart-Haas Racing are just humming along!

Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary
Hi,
willix - Sounds like they exceeded the redline........

Good one Doug!

The driver/teams did push the temperature limits running WOT for 505 miles @ 9600 rpm with restricted air flow to the cooling

Daytona & Talladega engines rarely see 9000 rpm.

Hi,
buster - The Link confirms what I indicated here some months ago that some engine developers and Manufacturers were using 0W-20 synthetics in a number of cars at the Nurburgring 24hr last May

None of these cars failed due to its engine lubricant

Last edited:
LOL

Nascar has been using low viscosity for awhile now. I remember one of the larger Amsoil dealers claiming that 85% of Nascar used their Series 2000 20w50. LOL. This was when 0w30's were used for an entire race. Not a slam on Amsoil, but a definitely on that dealer.

Originally Posted By: buster
LOL

I remember one of the larger Amsoil dealers claiming that 85% of Nascar used their Series 2000 20w50. LOL. This was when 0w30's were used for an entire race. Not a slam on Amsoil, but a definitely on that dealer.

LOL Just surf the web and see some of the claims, comments, lack of knowledge and attacks by some of their dealers. We are lucky to have Gary and Pablo here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back