Any harm in 1) K&W Block Seal or 2) leaving Flush?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the radiator (leaving Flush in) OR 2) giving it K&W Block Seal as "preventative maintenance?"

FOR those that dont like me asking questions, dont answer
BUT for those helpful: (Thank you)

OK I replaced the lower hoser today. Overheated the car MINORLY, twice, as well. Shut it off at first sound of a rattly engine, both times.. i caught it early, not "kept tdriving and driving and driving and then it shut off." No, never again! This time, .. see what happened was, i put the lower hose on, one end goes to the block, the other end, to the radiator.

The first time, i clamped the hose BELOW ther eit met to the block. it came off and i lost all my coolant. Waited 20 minutes, refilled with 100% water, Fan/Heater on high 100%, rev engine,, cap on.. temp came down,.,, engine again ran well.. No harm done. (Actually i added some Antifreeze, thinking "I did it." It SMOKED out tailpipe when coolant was added? oh no...)

The second time, i came off the highway. (Why is it always a t alONG light in traffic things start to act up?) and i noticed it again. I revved the engine (flow) heate ron high., etc, pulled in.. I got the hose to the BLOCk on nice, but to Radiator? Came off.

:doh:

SO i did it again, got my side-screwdriver, and tightened it. Same deal. Can ran well, turned it off, engine smoked this time. Let it cool, (smoke out of tailpipe had ceased. It doesnt "Smoke" with just water, i realized this. When it was cool, i see i neededt trto ADD 1 gal of WATER, as i was out of all coolant, and well i just put 1/2 bottle Super FLush in and let it idle/drive 45 minutes, letting heater ru, letting it not run..)

1) NOT ONE DROP!
smile.gif

2) I looked ALL UP IN/ON/UNDER it.. I may have a pinhole leak in exhaust pipe as it snakes b oil pan, i see steam FROM THERE. (Nottom of engine)
3) Now my question..

1) CAN i leave the WATER and FLUSHING COMPOUND in the SYSTEEM? It looks brown, but im letting the car cool, its at its full level, NO BUBBLES ARE IN THE OVERFLOW RESETVOIR and i had a car that HAD bubbles in there so im knowing what they look like, my car did _NOT- bubble in its reservoir after i turned it off.

2) OR do i drain the "Brown water" (due to flush, etc) from radiator, and K&W Block Seal (boguth at Walmart) as "preventative maintenance?)

aybe the "Steam" was from adding coolant when the engine was running? It came from the tailpipe. IDK. I mean, can K&W -HURT- a car?

Just askin.. got the GFlush and water in there now. Can i leave it?

Please offer your input. Thank you!
smile.gif

(.. or do i leave it alone and add "Water wetter" since im in a warm climate and have water in there?)

And again, to those that have been helping me, i thank you o those that dont like my questions, or ?, take care. And thank you.

My car is running good right now, bit it has flushing agent in its cooling system, 1/2 bottle "Prestone Super Radiator Flush" ...........................................

Originally Posted By: Spazdog
If you are going to use the K&W Block Seal, use nothing else but water in the cooling system.

I compltely completely agree and know that, question is, do i -need- to put it in there.

Im "more" asking "If i K&W it and go through the whokle process of gettign the old flush out, can ileabe THAt in there? and then K&W it, i gues sleave it in for a week or so, then get it all out then refill, will it do HARM?"

The only thing I've used the K&W Block Seal in was ironically enough a 60° GM V6.

Ran it long enough to get good and hot, drained it, Took the top radiator hose off and let it sit overnight. Never got the melted chocolate shake in the crankcase again.

I wouldn't leave it in for a prolonged period of time. I think it has to cure to work.

Leave the block seal out. I would change the water every day for a week, it sounds like you're flushing lots of rust out.

If you can't get the hose clamp tightened well with a screwdriver, use a 5/16" socket on the outside, it really grabs well that way. Beware cheap hose clamps strip. You should see the clamp sink in so its outer diameter is about the same as the OD of the hose next to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back