high gas prices again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Up 3 cents just this week, with more expected.

All this from a country that produces 1% of the oil the US consumes, and about 2% of the world's supply.

High gas prices (to a point) are a good thing.
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Yep. Up 3 cents just this week, with more expected.

All this from a country that produces 1% of the oil the US consumes, and about 2% of the world's supply.

I wish....the 7-11 by me went up 10-cents overnight.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
no its not.

Oh yea it is.

And higher gas prices are coming regardless of our personal sentiment.

Originally Posted By: bigdreama
no its not.

Oh yea it is.

And higher gas prices are coming regardless of our personal sentiment.

Oh I agree its coming all right, just according to the plan! Its not good and when you see the economy fall again and unemployment rise again that will also be just as planned. But its not a good thing.

Energy futures are up again today across the board.

We could see crude oil hitting $220.00 + a barrel? See the following article.

Link To Article

Because unlike many other countries in the world that move stuff by rail and barge, much of our food and products are hauled by long haul truck.

High Diesel prices are passed along to the consumer.

We could see pump prices in the $7.00 range or even higher depending on how the situation develops?

Oil is a electronically traded commodity now, afaik. There is no master plan being devised, it is greed, pure greed of traders.

When I take my Chrysler van to get gas, I try not to look at the price sign, although it is pretty good on gas for the size. The Prius, it doesn't impact me so much, as I use 7-8 gals to go 400 miles. Wifes MB, using premium only, low mpg city driving, it is a sinking feeling going to the station now. $4 is near on prem.

no its not.

+1 No way are high gas prices good under any circumstances in the U.S.
It might work in Europe (its still not liked by anyone) where they have good public transportation but we are not in Europe.
If i wanted a bus here where i live i would have to buy one.

This is stagflation all over again. I don't know how anyone could think this is a good thing! We're in a "cough" "cough" economic recovery.............please; the US is possibly at the tipping point of complete financial collapse from debt, and high fuel prices will simply squash what little economic recovery we have, which will in turn hamper the debt/financial situation.

Regular unleaded went from $2.99 to $3.15 overnight here.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SrDriver
Energy futures are up again today across the board.

We could see crude oil hitting $220.00 + a barrel? See the following article.

Link To Article

Because unlike many other countries in the world that move stuff by rail and barge, much of our food and products are hauled by long haul truck.

High Diesel prices are passed along to the consumer.

We could see pump prices in the $7.00 range or even higher depending on how the situation develops?

If the Saudis start protesting, perhaps.

http://af.reuters.com/article/tunisiaNews/idAFLDE71M08Q20110223?sp=true

My wholesale price at the terminal for generic (read: junk) 87 AKI is already at $2.70 / gallon and I expect it will go up several more times today.

We've had several years to get ready for another oil disruption. We haven't done anything that was actually calculated to reduce our dependence on middle east energy. With the moratorium in the gulf, things are actually worse now than they were.

Good job, Mr. President.

Dictatorial countries selling us oil. Their people want more of the profits, not morsels.

Dictators spell trouble. No matter what they sell.

Originally Posted By: SrDriver

... We could see crude oil hitting $220.00 + a barrel? See the following article.

Link To Article ...

I think that's a bit over the top. Libya is effectively shutting down all, or substantially all, of it's production right now, and that has caused the future price to bump up to $99 and change. I think the spot for WTI was still $97 ish.

$3.50-$3.75 gallon retail for junk 87 AKI certainly looks possible for late Spring, early Summer, if things continue on this path.

Maybe the speculators will go bust a little faster this time around, and we won't have to bail out their losses.

Originally Posted By: Win
$3.50-$3.75 gallon retail for junk 87 AKI certainly looks possible for late Spring, early Summer, if things continue on this path.

We are over $3.50 regular unleaded already at Costco in So Cal. Chevron, Shell, Mobil ... are over $3.60.

i passed by a chevron in irvine that had 87 for $3.65. it actually made me feel better knowing i filled up somewhere else for $3.61...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back