Local AAP has Shell V-Power Fuel System additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
On sale currently for 0.99 cents for the bottle. I've seen it on discount EVERYWHERE lately. Is it no good all of a sudden? Should I gobble some up guys?

I already hit my local AAP for every bottle on their shelves. My Buick likes the stuff, and there's a good rear-end-dyno improvement on responsiveness. Other additives don't produce the same results.

It's good, but it was too expensive at nearly $8/bottle and no sales.

I just picked up 8 bottles of the stuff for the price of one bottle of techron and i got my 10 percent military discount on top of that. I figure for that price it is definitely worth a shot to try it out.

I just picked up 12 bottles for 95 cents each.
It's probably not as good as Regane but for that price.....

Originally Posted By: pbm

Still $2.95 around here.
mad.gif

John

Originally Posted By: John_K

Still $2.95 around here.
mad.gif

John

Stopped in another AAP, 95 cents! Bought 'em all!
banana2.gif

John

UPDATE: According to AAP manager, Shell V-Power Complete Fuel System Cleaner is being discontinued. I just bought up what the store had left remaining(a case worth) and that's good for 5 years worth of once/twice a year cleanings on all of our vehicles.

Buy it while you can, look for good deals at places like AAP. Not sure, but I remember seeing it on sale elsewhere as well.

Not as an every fill up additive but once every 5-7.5k miles is a good range for this product, if you are using something like MMO every tank or so.

Correction needed, AAP says they won't be carrying it any longer. The product itself isn't being discontinued at all places, only AAP.

Originally Posted By: Stu_Rock
Oh, so it's 0.99 dollars for a bottle. Not as good of a deal.

.95c before tax to be exact. I was going off of memory before stepping back in to buy some today. Typically anywhere from $6.50-$8.00 per bottle.

What is the 'shelf life' of this type of product?

You know, that is a great question. I do not know personally. A lot of what you buy on the shelves can be 1-2 years old, though. So IDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back