Mobil 1 Delvac ESP 0w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use this oil in the MD trucks at work. I buy it in 20l pails. I pay around $7.80/litre.

I would like to use it in my Sierra except that it has a bit too much zinc to meet GF4 standards. I risk poisoning the cats if I use it in the Sierra.

I used the Delvac 1 0w40 ESP in my 95 Toyota diesel and I did not notice any improvement in cold starts over the 5W40s that I have been using for winters. It seemed to work well but after 4000 miles it really started to burn the 0W40. I topped it off with T6 5W40 to last till the 5000 mile mark and once the T6 was added the motor stopped its burning of oil and seemed to run a little quieter. Now the quieter probably is just me but the burning of oil isn't. It was cheap though at $6.25/L pretty much the same as the T6. Well the T6 was $1 less for 4L.

Originally Posted By: scotth324
I used the Delvac 1 0w40 ESP in my 95 Toyota diesel and I did not notice any improvement in cold starts over the 5W40s that I have been using for winters. It seemed to work well but after 4000 miles it really started to burn the 0W40. I topped it off with T6 5W40 to last till the 5000 mile mark and once the T6 was added the motor stopped its burning of oil and seemed to run a little quieter. Now the quieter probably is just me but the burning of oil isn't. It was cheap though at $6.25/L pretty much the same as the T6. Well the T6 was $1 less for 4L.

What temps do you see in winter?

Coldest this year was -46*F. We see lots of -30*F and occasionally -40. The majority of Dec and Jan and parts of Feb are -10 to -15*F at night. It is cold enough to need an oil that will flow at those temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back