engine failures at the Daytona 500

Status
Not open for further replies.
After multiple engine failures at the Daytona 500 (due to elevated engine, oil temps due to the new "paired drafting") it's clear to me that the crew chiefs should hang out here!
smile.gif

I don't know how many are lube related, but you woulda thunk the teams could have predicted some of that.

This crash happy junky driving marginally handling TV garbage is just plain boring. Even open wheel cars on roundy rounds are BORING. F1 passless racing is just sightly more exciting.

I would bet not one is lube related..With the drafting being done the back car is just not getting enough cool air into the engine that is turning over 9K rpms {Are U Kidding Me?}...The engine builders have made these engines so light... and yet somewhat very durable... Ya just need that cool fresh air going through the small grill...

I have been a nascar fan for a very long time, but this race is so #$%^ boring...

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I don't know how many are lube related, but you woulda thunk the teams could have predicted some of that.

This crash happy junky driving marginally handling TV garbage is just plain boring. Even open wheel cars on roundy rounds are BORING. F1 passless racing is just sightly more exciting.

Yea, I'm sick of watching "just pairs". My gosh, that's all there is! I don't remember there being so many pairs.

I did not think the last few laps were boring at all. And I cannot tell you how pleased I am the the Wood Bros won that race. Just a first class operation

Originally Posted By: Johnny
And I cannot tell you how pleased I am the the Wood Bros won that race. Just a first class operation

I can agree with this. Cool that a kid won. Show them old boys!

Originally Posted By: Hermann
Nascar is so Boooooooring
How can cars driving around and around in a circle for I do not know how long be called boring.
banana2.gif

I did not think the last few laps were boring at all. And I cannot tell you how pleased I am the the Wood Bros won that race. Just a first class operation

On ESPN tonite the Woods family said several of the Ford family members was setting with them in the pit box during the race. How cool would that be?

Not real race fans if you think it was boring
31.gif
this was one of the best 500's in a while, loved the outcome with the Wood Brothers and Fords finishing 1,2,3
thumbsup2.gif

While this particular race wasn't bad, NASCAR in general is becoming way too scripted. Much like "professional" wrestling.

And if they really were "Fords" or "Chevy's" it would be more meaningful.

At least it was an interesting finish!

I used to watch Nascar a lot, but it's just plain boring now, and most of that is from the personalities (or lack there of) behind the wheel. Bunch of whiny little babies IMO. I wish it was more like pro wrestling, or maybe MMA, like it used to be! Like the battles between real men - Dale and Darrel going at it each and every race.

If someone would just do it - spin Jimmy Johnson out a few times this year, then maybe I'd watch some more!

If someone would just do it - spin Jimmy Johnson out a few times this year, then maybe I'd watch some more! [/quote]

I keep wishing also
lol.gif
if Dale Sr. was still around i'm sure Jimmy would have a couple less Championships.

Nascar used to be a reflection of what Oreilly calls "the folks". Maybe it still is! That in and of itself says a lot. All the new drivers coming into the sport are........wimpy.
27.gif
Except for Carl Edwards. He'll spin you out and punch you in the face if you cross him.

A big + 1 for the Wood Brothers being a class operation. I had my fingers crossed the last few laps hoping that Trevor Bayne would win. The Wood Brothers have been through some lean years missing the 500 in 08. Would not have objected if an underdog like David Gilliland would have pulled it off.

Originally Posted By: Malo83

Not real race fans if you think it was boring
31.gif
this was one of the best 500's in a while, loved the outcome with the Wood Brothers and Fords finishing 1,2,3
thumbsup2.gif

I agree with you, Malo83. As one who attended their first NASCAR race in 1957, I have been to many races at Atlanta and Talladega, and have watched every race on TV the last 25 years, and have never been bored.

True, NASCSAR has gone through some changes over the years, but the same old stuff for 50 years would have been truly boring.

This race yesterday was a refreshing change from the double file freight trains they had been for the last many year David Pearson was my favorite driver back in the day, and it was great seeing that shiny gold 21 in Victory Lane.

Back to the topic discussion, the engine failures of the two RCR drivers. Richard then told his other drivers, and also the other teams that were running his engines, told hold their throttles wide open, as they had figured out that the engines were leaning out and getting too hot at part throttle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back