RED LINE OIL at DAYTONA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received the following news release on email just a few minutes ago.

Red Line Oil Impala Qualifies for Daytona 500

Bay Area oil company continues with Whitney Motorsports and driver JJ Yeley in NASCAR's biggest race of the year
Benicia, Calif. (February 18, 2011) - Red Line Synthetic Oil Corp. will be the primary sponsor of Whitney Motorsports’ JJ Yeley-driven Chevy Impala at the Daytona 500, the largest NASCAR race of the year, on February 20, 2010. This one-race primary agreement expands Red Line's associate sponsorship with the Whitney and the team.

"JJ did an amazing job to race his way into the Daytona 500," said Cameron Evans, Red Line Director of Sales and Marketing. “The team has a very small budget and is looking for more help, so we were thrilled to support on this level. Team owner Dusty Whitney, crew chief Tony Furr, and his group are amazing people who worked extremely hard to get this far. We sponsored JJ for many years Sprint Car and Midget racing, so we all hope for the best result possible in ‘The Great American Race.”

Whitney Motorsports and Red Line Oil teamed up multiple races on the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series last year. For 2011, this partnership will include associate sponsorship at every race in the series, as well as more races at a primary level later in the year. Associate sponsors for Daytona include Darlington Raceway, Espar Heating Systems, and International Truck.

JJ Yeley has six previous Sprint Cup Series starts at Daytona International Speedway, including three previous starts in the Daytona 500. His best finish at Daytona was 12th in the 2007 Daytona 500. His average starting position is 25.7 and his average finish is also 25.7. He has completed 1041 of a possible 1091 laps (95.4%).

Daytona 500 TV Schedule
2/19 Practice airs live, 10:30am EST on SPEED
2/20 Race airs live, 1:00pm EST (10:00am PST) on FOX

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Wonder what oil he's using...

crackmeup2.gif

Cameron Evans was nice enough to do a 1 post fly by of BITOG a few years ago; I believe he was commenting on his shoot with Jay Leno. Jay butchered the description of most Redline Products, and have most multiviscosity concepts fully misunderstood.

His 1 post contribution really was appreciated as it was honest and not written by a crowd of marketing people.

Last edited:
Red line is on the car and not in the car. If its an Impala fielded in the Daytona 500 the car has a HMS engine or a ECR engine. Those engine suppliers don't use Redline. Both HMS & ECR work very closely with Shell.

Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary
Hi,
Steve S - I thought I saw one of their mechanics coming out of a Walmart with some cartons of M1 0W-40..............
So the truth has come out!!

Originally Posted By: willix
If its an Impala fielded in the Daytona 500 the car has a HMS engine or a ECR engine. Both HMS & ECR work very closely with Shell.

So, if it's a Chevy Impala, it uses a Shell/Pennzoil/Quaker State oil? I think someone better tell Tony Stewart...
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: rshunter
If its an Impala fielded in the Daytona 500 the car has a HMS engine or a ECR engine. Both HMS & ECR work very closely with Shell.

So, if it's a Chevy Impala, it uses a Shell/Pennzoil/Quaker State oil? I think someone better tell Tony Stewart...
whistle.gif

Stewart-Haas leases engines from HMS.

whistle.gif

Fascinating, including the ability to miss my point entirely. Care to explain how your assertion about the oils being used is supported by this...

Mobil 1 sponsors and supplies Tony Stewart and Stewart-Haas Racing

Open the link and play the video without watching it and listen carefully to what's said. There's no story being told about using Mobil 1 in the race car. There is a shot pouring it into a funnel, but that shot is not accompanied by any narration about using the oil in the car.

That's not to say they don't use M1 in the car, but the video isn't any kind of proof that they do.

whistle.gif

Fascinating, including the ability to miss my point entirely. Care to explain how your assertion about the oils being used is supported by this...

Mobil 1 sponsors and supplies Tony Stewart and Stewart-Haas Racing

It looks like Stewart Haas racing uses vanilla 5w30 M1 flavor in that $150,000 engine he doesn't own.

Naturally the Mobil 1 funnel is the only funnel compatible for use with M1.

It's rediculous to think anyone would ever pour Mobil 1 into a off brand funnel.

I would be willing to bet that Tony is indeed using Mobil 1 in his two cars. A company like ExxonMobil is not going to give the kind of sponsorship money they do and not have their products used.

Now, last year Tony Stewart was listed as Quaker State sponsored even though he did not fly the Q on is car. As willix said he got/gets his engines from an engine builder that is sponsored by Shell/Quaker State. However, checking the Quaker State site this year and Tony Stewart's name is not mentioned anywhere. It now list Paul Menard as the other sponsored car.

As for as the original topic of this thread, if someone really wants to know what J.J. Yaley is using, I suggest they call Dave at Red Line Oil and he will shoot you straight.

Just because someone leases or buys and engine for someone doesn't mean that they have to use the oil that sponsors the engine builder. They who run the engine use whatever they want to use in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back