Motorcraft vs Parts master in Powerstroke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings. I have just purchased a 97 F 250 with a 7.3 Powerstroke

I have done some deciphering on filters, I have a Motorcraft and a Partsmaster by wix (close to napa pro select)

The partsmaster is a bit taller than the motorcraft.

What do you guys use

What is the price on the Parts master? M/C aren't too pricey. I have used Supertech for the Powerstrokes with great luck.. No made in China parts as possible for me.

Thanks guys. I am able to get dealer pricing on the partsmasters, but they are still close to the same cost as the Motorcrafts.

Don't know about a Partsmaster but Motorcraft are good filters. Why take a chance? Get the MC and feel good you did. My
49.gif

Last edited:
The Parts Master are Affinai/WIX made filters.I have cut open a PM filter and it had metal endcaps and the new ADBV/Bypass valve combo.

It seemed to be built well and had a good number of pleats.The element was stiff but that seems to be normal for WIX made filters.

If the ST you need is the e-core design with a plastic inner cage and felt like endcaps,is that what you prefer? or do you want a filter with a metal inner support tube and metal endcaps?

Some dont like the e-core and have problems with them because of flat places in the element.These flat places may possibly lead to holes because of the lack of center tube support from the plastic cage.The flat area can push up against the cage and since there is little support,a hole may develop.

There have also been reports of the endcaps being loose and not sealing well.

I cut open an ST recently and one of the endcaps could have had a better seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back