HELP-Ethanol Alum.Carb Oxidation, Additive to Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acr

Does anyone know a carb additive that will stop or prevent water renention & aluminum oxidation?

Long story made short, I had to remove my recently rebuilt Carter AFB carbs to check for problems & found orange-ish/brown gas & white deposits in the bottom of the bowls, which means water in the system. I've cleaned everything out,checked the filters,& changed gas stations.
I can buy non-ethanol fuel some, but not all the time, so I need an additive that to use when having to buy ethanol. Some boards on the net tell you to NOT use alcohol additives w/ethanol gas.
Any suggestions?

Well, ethanol is an alcohol--the kind that you can drink. What you describe is what it does to some fuel components. Good luck. John--las Vegas.

Lucas makes an additive that is designed for Ethanol content fuels. Have not tried it but read it takes 2 oz per 10 gallons of fuel.

Am sure there are others too.

Lucky here in that we can still buy 100% gasoline.

Thanks for the replys, I was told that Marine Stabil adveetises that it will safely clean/condition aluminum parts but I can't confirm. Any body know about that claim?

Any will work fine if you make an effort to measure and dose EVERY tank of fuel. Most of these can be found online, or at your local auto parts, marine supply, & department stores.

Lucas Safeguard
Sta-Bil Marine
Pri-G
MDR E-Zorb
StarTron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back