How did your hunting season go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to my wife I had the best hunting season ever to date. Thanks honey!

Mule Deer 7mm-08 Ackley Improved Encore Pistol 250 yards
15-10-10_1315.jpg

Corsican Ram Same Pistol 125 yards
Bobsramsm.jpg

White Tail Doe Enfield Musket 30 yards
musketbuck.jpg

Wow, your wife is a good shot. And, she takes great pictures. Sorry, had to say it :)

The Muley was near Jeffery City WY. hunting with some guys from Church.

The Ram was TN of all places. Wilderness Hunting Lodge a 2,000 acre preserve. With 6 guys from Specialty Pistols Forum.

The White Tail Doe was right here in MI about 10 miles from my house.

And yes undummy, I couldn't blame you for that.

That's some nice pictures. All I got this season was a doe, but she yeilded some of the tastiest meat I've ever had off of a deer. I've built a slug gun that I'm hoping to pop a few hogs with in the off season.

I am very impressed with your excellent pistol shooting at those ranges. Did you have a rest or was it free shooting?

So did you eat the Corsican ram? How was the taste?

That Encore is way to heavy for free hand shooting. I always bring a shooting stick and a backpack stuffed full to shoot off of. I use the stick out to 100 yds and go prone over the backpack for 100 yds and over. Some of my pistol buddies use bipods & tripods.

My buddy Doug got a fallow deer @250 yds with his 25-06 Encore pistol the same weekend. We were lucky to get it on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9CmLM3GSKc&hd=1

We will bee eating the Ram this weekend. Going to make "Rack Of Ram" I'll let you know how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back