Delvac MX

Status
Not open for further replies.
May have asked the first time in the wrong place in the truck forum. Anyone using this oil in off road equipment? My concern is I can't get a good answer on whether it is a Group 1 or 2 base oil?

Hi,
Farmall - The "base oil" matters little - it is the sum of the lubricant's parts that produce the desired results. This is a good product but check that it meets the specification required for your application

i would use it if I could find it. Didn't know they still made it.

I think even john deere quit making CI-4 plus oils.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary
Hi,
Farmall - The "base oil" matters little - it is the sum of the lubricant's parts that produce the desired results. This is a good product but check that it meets the specification required for your application

It meets all of our specs. Was just concerned as to having the best oil. Did not want oil that is of lesser quality because of the use of lesser base stocks and additives.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
i would use it if I could find it. Didn't know they still made it.

I think even john deere quit making CI-4 plus oils.

Deere did quite making CI4 in the Plus 50 II. We have been using Case IH oils but their price is out of hand. Bulk is $11.38 but it is still CI4. The Delvac will be $7.83 gal. We don't have anything that requires CJ4 and like the additives and higher TBN of the older formulas.

Use the Delvac MX with confidence. I used it in log loaders for years with 300 hour oci's and would run Komatsu WA 250's with the sweet Cummins six past 20,000 hours without issue. The key is of course changing your air filters and oil filters at required intervals or based on severe applications. Delvac 1300 would do you a outstanding job. As Doug Hillary has stated these product are well respected in the hdeo market.

IMHO, this oil will be an improvement over Case IH's over-hyped product. In terms of base stocks, it is hard to believe that anyone makes a high quality CI-4 Plus oil with Group I alone, but who knows. Do you know for sure that Case IH CI-4 is Group II?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back