Shell tests nitrogen Diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would personally like to see the overall quality of diesel fuel improved in the North American market. Give us better lubricity, higher cetane and lower aromatics.

They don't mention what precisely is improved with the nitrogen enrichment other than to say it may provide a fuel economy increase. Often it is noted that fuel economy increases on ultra-high burn commercial vehicles (6 MPG tractor-trailers) are rarely, if ever noticed with high efficiency automobiles such as VW TDI's which already deliver in excess of 45 MPG.

Yes, I think our fuel quality could be greatly improved upon regarding lubricity and cetane. The question remains at what price.

Its about time. The diesel additive market is bloated and real world test data is nil. Plus, most owners aren't smart enough to add to every tank.

There is no improvement to the diesel fuel here. Shell is simply adding the 'diesel fuel additive' so we don't have to. Too bad its just a 'cleaner' and not a 'lubricant'. A half a percent of quality select biodiesel would've been easier.

Originally Posted By: FowVay
Give us better lubricity, higher cetane and lower aromatics.
I think our fuel quality could be greatly improved upon regarding lubricity and cetane. The question remains at what price.

Me, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back