Saw an old Indian Moped today

Status
Not open for further replies.
indian_moped.jpg

Not something I see everyday - at least not around here. I ended up talking to the guy (couldn't help myself), and he says it's just another project.
grin.gif

He has another one as well, but this one was the easiest to get going - and the other Indian Moped is still missing a few parts.

The rear wheel on this one is actually the rear wheel off of the other unit, but it's a work in progress and this way he can at least ride one of them, and plans to have them both on the road by mid Spring.

He's also adding other/better parts & pieces as he finds them.

Pretty cool...

Last edited:
They beat walking but I don't think I'd want to risk riding a small bike like that here in this city, and especially not in traffic. When the light turns green they may run me over on one of those. Maybe some other time but right now I guess I'll keep riding my Kawi.

IN the late 50s / 60s many of my friends had mopeds..they ran and ran and ran,,,then we grew up and that was that, now the moped is back and many models. Could anyone suggest the top say 5 models to purchase . I was thinking about getting one in my old age,,the Harley is still fun,,but sometimes just to much to handle, but I would seriously entertain a moped just for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back