Pennzoil Ultra 5w30, 4000 mi, 1997 Chevy 1500 5.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
167229_178510378855501_100000896200405_402283_7472528_n.jpg

this is on my 1997 chevy silverado it has a 5.7 v8 in it, most the miles were either city drivin or on the highway pulling a trailer full of sleds, temps were between 40 above and -30, never plugged in either, used oil analysis was with a fram xg and pennzoil ultra 5w30, i have amsoil xl 5w30 in there now and will post another uoa when i change the oil next time, this is my first run of pennzoil ultra from valvoline max life, i wanted to switch to a synthetic so i ordered the amsoil xl and it never came in time for my next oil change so i got some pennzoil ultra from wal mart for like 25 bucks for a 5 gallon jug, no make up oil was added between changes...

Last edited:
Looks good held grade, these vortec 5700's are great engines i have the same engine in my '99 Z71 223,000 and running like new,i would double the interval try 8k next time,check your air filter.

curious why you'd say check the air filter, silicon levels are below average and there isn't much dust up here in the winter, but for your info the filter was changed recently... i'm not too worried about extending my drain intervals, i save a lot of money changing my own oil compared to the outrageous prices the lube businesses charge in alaska and its actually kind of something i look forward to, anyways got the oil on sale at wal mart out here in wasilla, looks like they weren't selling much so they put it on sale, not sure if its still that cheap or not... i was impressed how easy the engine turned over with synthetic oil when it was real cold as compared to semi synthetic or conventional, that is the main reason i switched to a synthetic is for the cold weather benefits, i may switch to sso 0w-30 after the next change if i do i will extend the drain interval then...

Originally Posted By: akminer
curious why you'd say check the air filter, silicon levels are below average, i'm not too worried about extending my drain intervals, i save a lot of money changing my own oil

Well because that is a little on the high side(but not bad)from what we see here at the "norm",anyway your just waisting good PU by the looks of it doing only 4k any conventional could do that in a heart beat, the oil is capable of allot more and your not saving anything here doing that,,but to each is his own..

Although this looks petty good, im wondering if any good dino would produce the same results as they look pretty typical results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back