Gen 4 9mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Hello,

Ive seen mixed reviews on the gen 4 9mm from Glock. Seems that the new spring used, which helps the .40 operate in a seemingly better fashion than before is also the same as in the 9mm, and causes it to not necessarily be as great a shooter anymore, especially when using cheaper/lighter rounds, which is where my interest lies.

Can anyone give me the pros/cons of buying a gen 3 vs gen 4?

Thanks!

They've revised the spring. I don't think it would matter which spring you have in a Gen 4. After 500 rounds of good ammo it will shoot the lighter weights without a problem.

Get a S&W M&P 9mm...

Ill get an S&W revolver... but Im not crazy about their pistols.

Will give them a look though.

Ive never liked the glocks, have fired them countless times, still prefer the SA XD pistols, more accurate and dont jam as often. I agree SW for revolvers, but not semi autos, not anymore atleast.

Last edited:
I notice the Gen 4 guns shoot much softer with the dual captive springs than the single ones. I own both types. The newer ones just have to be broken in properly with high pressure rounds. You see in Europe the 9mm they sell are what we call submachine gun rounds which are very high pressure. The stuff we have at Walmart is weak sauce with the exception of the RWS 9mm brand which is loaded pretty hot. I broke in the Gen 4 using RWS. No issues whatsoever.

Fired them using a Glock 18 too- zero problems! The Winchester training rounds are ok too, but you can tell the cyclic rates are slower with the lower pressure ammo.

Quote:
You see in Europe the 9mm they sell are what we call submachine gun rounds

Can you please provide some proof of this?

Originally Posted By: defektes
Ive never liked the glocks, have fired them countless times, still prefer the SA XD pistols, more accurate and dont jam as often. I agree SW for revolvers, but not semi autos, not anymore atleast.

I agree. Go XD and S&W Revolvers.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Quote:
You see in Europe the 9mm they sell are what we call submachine gun rounds

Can you please provide some proof of this?

Yeah, I can't wait to hear this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back