anyone else actually race?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dkmura
Currently racing in SCCA National and NASA events. Nissan 350Z built to SCCA T2 specs.

PPIR2010p5.jpg

That's awesome! I always knew real racers were lurking around here for useful oil data.

Unfortunately the only racing available to rural Albertans requires a huge mud hole and a monster truck. Alternatively you can race your horse drawn wagon. Not my idea of fun. I can't wait to move somewhere with a track nearby. So jealous reading through this thread.
smile.gif

I tried bracket racing a couple of times. I might have stuck with it if I'd had a little more success.

First time, first run I lined up against a fat bearded guy on a tiny Kawasaki KE100. I swear he was 3/4 down the track before I got my green. Busted out of my bracket trying to run him down. The dragracer in me just wouldn't let me try to make my run with consistancy. He was in front [darn] it!

Second time, did a little better, lasted a couple of rounds then got sandbagged by a V65 Sabre. He's still in his time. I'm out.

Tried Cross country Motocross too. I had an XR200 with XR250 forks, front brake, and rear shock (stock swingarm and rear drum)
Never won. Never would trying to race a playbike vs real race bikes. But I did finish 4th or 5th once in awhile. People would tell me, "You'd be really good if you got a real bike."
But the truth of the matter is that I'm not good on a "real bike"
I tried a YZF450 and a CR250 and I'm terrible. I can ride that stupid pathetic 200 at 10/10ths for hours. I can't do it with the other bikes. I can plan my moves and pass when the opportunity arises on the 200. The CR or YZ-F? I'm so busy managing the bike that I can't think ahead or watch the riders in front of me for openings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back