Comparison of SuperLube vs SilGlyde vs ShinEtsu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do SuperLube or SilGlyde compare with ShinEtsu for rubber weatherstripping application? I already purchased the first two but now wondering if I should had just invested my money on ShinEtsu.

They are all synthetic silicon grease but I am not sure if they have similar consistency.

- Vikas

Originally Posted By: Vikas
They are all synthetic silicon grease but I am not sure if they have similar consistency.
- Vikas

Are you sure? The Superlube MSDS indicates that it is a PAO grease and I don't see any silicone listed.

And, IMO, Sil-gylde is a mystery grease also. It's msds barely shows any silicone. I'm guessing it is mostly a polypropolene glycol/castor oil grease.
http://www.imperialinc.com/msds0075150.shtml

Anyone care to correct me, please do so.

I just got a tube of Shin Etsu grease, but haven't had a chance to try it. I've always heard it's the way to go.

That said, I used dielectric grease on my GM.

I was talking about this Super Lube tube which I purchased from Ace Hardware store.

pACE3-5758517dt.jpg

Last edited:
Do you think Shin Etsu is worth its price? I am looking it specifically for weatherstripping application in my vehicles?

The tube I got was pretty big. I can get the actual amount for you when I get home. I picked it up from Bernardi, but shipping will kill the price if that's all you purchase.

I haven't seen any difference between the silicone greases for use in door/window seals/moldings. SuperLube silicone grease works great. My last tube was bought at the hobby shop. There's nothing special about Shin-Etsu, other than the cool sounding name.

Just as an update, I applied Shin Etsu grease to all the weatherstripping on the Honda a few days ago. A little goes a long way.

It seems like a decent product and I'll use it on my truck instead of dielectric grease next time I need to do it. I'm not familiar with the others listed, unfortunately, to make a comparison.

You guys have convinced me. I am going to buy Shin Etsu. The best shipped price I have seen is about $18. If you have seen cheaper shipped price, let me know. Otherwise I am going with the ebay. Last time I called Bernardi for local pick-up, he would not honor the internet price :-(

- Vikas

Last edited:
Is Gummi Pflege Stift or the Wurth equivalent in the same ballpark with the three named greases?
As far as moulding and weatherstrip protection, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back