Just can't decide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was DEAD set on the Beneli Nova until I saw and held the Weatherby PA-O8. The gun feels nice. So again, between those two the PA-O8 and the Nova, which is the higher quality pump? I read on a gun forum that the Weatherby is farmed out to Japan. This, if indeed true makes me second guess the quality.
Thanks
Dusty

Browning rifles come out of Japan too and very silky smooth and the finnish is beautiful. unmatched. I saw the Weatherby you are talking about, I think, It has gleam, that just says "hold me" and "love me". Guns talk to me alot.

Yes, that hold me, love me is what I'm talking about. The nova has a STONE COLD feel... no character, however the nova is VERY nice in terms of durability and functionality. I'm just comparing the two.
Dusty

Last edited:
pablo, the Weatherby is $80 less than the Nova. Both at Academy Sports, which is the best price I,ve found for them.

Go with whatever you think is the best feeling in your hands and on your shoulder. Benelli Nova's are the fastest pump shot guns in the world with records set by Tom Knapp.

You have to add up the prices and set up the gun ideally using recoil reducer,ghost rings or bead,type of furniture on gun, mag extensions out to 7 rounds instead of the current 4 shot tube Benelli has and type of buttstock- hunting stock or pistol grip. Then price both guns after the full specs.

I have to tell you tho as a Benelli owner. These guns are very easy to clean. Lightweight too especially if you have to lug them around in the field and also easy to maintain with better materials and less parts. I believe its 1 pin that holds the trigger mechanism in the receiver. Pop that out and you can clean it. The Benelli even has a button on the pump that you can push to keep a round from chambering as you get ready to climb a fence or trees as a safety. No other guns have that feature.

Then it comes down to, do you want Italian quality or American name but made in Japan quality?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back