Honda Genuine Ultimate Full Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if this is a group III, group IV or group V synthetic? In order to live up to a name like Honda Genuine Ultimate Full Synthetic, they will need to invent a group VI!

Fancy marketing.

Mobil is a big fluid supplier. I'd wager that its Mobil-1 re-bottled for Honda.

The Honda 5w30 Ultimate Full Synthetic meets HTO-06. So, it too screams Mobil-1 as there aren't an unlimited choice of HTO-06 oils.

It is Conoco/Phillips.

They claim it is formulated with synthetic base stocks. Although, after Castrol decided synthetic doesn't need to mean synthetic, who knows?

Originally Posted By: unDummy
The Honda 5w30 Ultimate Full Synthetic meets HTO-06. So, it too screams Mobil-1 as there aren't an unlimited choice of HTO-06 oils.

Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 does as well. Considering Shell already supply some manufacturers (Chrysler and Hyundai come to mind), I was wondering if this was another one of their products.

You buy the honda or toyota oil for the high moly content - more than 3x the moly of any off the store shelf oil(AFAIK). For some reason Toyota and Honda both think 0.1% moly is required on a long-life 20 grade oil. They must have some good research and data to back this up.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
You buy the honda or toyota oil for the high moly content - more than 3x the moly of any off the store shelf oil(AFAIK). For some reason Toyota and Honda both think 0.1% moly is required on a long-life 20 grade oil. They must have some good research and data to back this up.

I don't think this new formula has as much moly as the previous Honda oil. It looks much like the M1's PP's. Boron content went up moly went back down to more common formulations. I guess it is the "new" latest and greatest. If this is correct...
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2127653#Post2127653

I'm talkimg ZEROw-20. Thats the high moly long life oil not the 5w20. I've never seen a high moly 5w-20 "genuine" dealer service oil, Now is Honda allowing 10K oci on 5w20? Toyota?

CP makes Kendall Ultimate 5W-30 that meets the HTO-06 spec. The only other two OTC oils that meet that spec are Mobil 1 5W-30 and Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30. The Honda oil is most likely the CP one.

Arco, I didn't know you were talking about the 0w. I spoke with a Honda rep the other day and was told I could run either The "Genuine" 5w to OLM or Synthetic to OLM or 10K whichever is farther. Who knows? Sorry. I did think that CP won the contract.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I'm talkimg ZEROw-20. Thats the high moly long life oil not the 5w20. I've never seen a high moly 5w-20 "genuine" dealer service oil, Now is Honda allowing 10K oci on 5w20? Toyota?

Honda recommends 10,000 miles on dino 5W-20 for my 2003 Civic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back