Pennzoil conventional or Valvoline conventional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone and was out a bit this morning and noticed that it seems quite a few people like Pennzoil conventional. Currently using Super Tech 5w20, thinking after this 5k oil change of using Pennzoil conventional. Seems around my area or where I looked which was Advance and Wal Mart that Pennzoil is most of the time a bit cheaper than Valvoline conventional. What are your opinions, thoughts and advice on the subject. My mother, stepfather and few relatives and brother all use Pennzoil and say its a good quality oil.

THANKS in advance also,

Adam Vasbinder

they both have the same ratings.... i would buy what is cheaper i used to always use pennzoil but after their price went up i just use the oil from the drums at my shop which is conoco phillips and a great oil..

If you are using ST from Walmart, why not just step up to either QS or Mobil clean 5000? They are about as good as your premium PYB and Valvoline but are priced closer to ST.

Yeah this is true. Never thought about that honestly. Is Mobil Clean 5000 a conventional? When I looked at wal mart today, they were out of 5w20 clean 5000. Seems they are always out of it in lot of grades.

Yeah Mobil 5000 is a conventional. It seems to sell well at Walmart being at a good price. But you could just grab some Quaker State. It's a good oil and a good price and I always see plenty of it in all grades at Walmart.

Honestly mechanicx, I am thinking of maybe tryin the Formula Shell as there is a advance within a mile of me and a TARGET like 4 miles from me. I didnt think mobil made a conventional oil myself. Yeah, past 5 months as I go there for groceries and such, I havent seen many bottles of the 5w20 at all. I dont think they sell it in a 5qt jug either. Maybe just experiment and get some Formula Shell thursday since I will be doin a oil change on female friends older(2001) civic. That or pennzoil conventional.

QS, MC5k, PYB, VWB, Havoline, ST, etc. They've all shown themselves to be solid conventional oils that will protect your vehicle just fine. Use which ever one you can get for cheapest and use a reasonable OCI. Neither one will let anything happen to the your engine that one of the others would've prevented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back