MMO and TCW3 Used Together ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any favorite recipes using MMO and TCW3 together at fill up ? If so , what ratio of each are you using with X amount of gas ?

I wouldnt be keen on that. I might consider stacking a cleaner with MMO or tcw-3, but not two UCL type items.

Perhaps either with techron, regane, PI, SI-1, etc.

Sometimes I'll do 2 oz of tcw3 when I fill up the sonata. MMO as per the label when I use it.

I have used both at the same time, but I'm out of MMO.

Also, after using a couple tankfuls, I go back to using e10 for a couple fill ups. Then repeat.

I always keep a little Techron around ...When I fill up my Elantra I add about 2.5 oz.'s of TCW3 - probably no harm to add an ouce or two of Techron at the same time as a maintainance dose.

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
Any favorite recipes using MMO and TCW3 together at fill up ? If so , what ratio of each are you using with X amount of gas ?

What is your reasoning for using both products together, why not try one product and just stay with it.

What I use and has worked for me, in my Toyota 4Runner, is a mix of Pennzoil Synthetic Blend Marine TC-W3 and a dose of Techron/Gumout Regane at each fill up.

My mix has been 1 ounces of TC-W3 for every 4 gallons of regular unleaded. I usually fill up with 12 gallons of Gas, unless I let the tank run down to low on a long highway trip. So the empty 6 ounce Gumout Regane bottle has 3 ounces of TC-W3 and 3 ounces of Techron/Gumout Regane mix.
I should note, this mix has worked fantastic on these brutal cold mornings on cold starts. I know that it works great as a UCL and the engine turns over smooth and the idle is quiet, once it gets to operating temps.

(I purchased the 6 ounce gumout regane concentrate bottle on sale and emptied them into a couple of half full Chevron Techron Fuel system concentrate 20 ounce bottles. So the mix is Techron/Gumout Regane and is just used to add to the TC-W3.)

I use the empty 6 ounce Gumout Regane bottles for storage of the mix and then just add to the tank when filling up at the pump.

Last edited:
I use the two together and like the results. My own recipe is 3 ounces of MMO & 1 ounce of TC-W3 per 10 gallons fuel. You may have to experiment a bit to find the best ratio for your engine (any kind of mileage indicator, particularly instantaneous and trip, help with this as the "sweet spot" for me is also the ratio that's producing my best mileage).

I used them separately originally, but after trying them together and experimenting with the ratio, I prefer the two combined.

-Spyder

Last edited:
I've been using.....

4 oz. of MMO...and 1.5 oz. of Redline Sl-1...per 10 to 12 gal.fill-up.

This combo has worked great and I can really feel the difference.

03' Ford Focus (2.3L Duratec) / 94K
M1 5w20EP / M1 EP Filte / 1 Yr. or 10K +/- OCI
MMO & RedLine Sl-1 Fuel System Cleaner

1/2 and 1/2 sounds good.
don't overdose.
I do it all the time.
Symptoms/improvements?
Very tough to tell. I know 2 stroke oil is great for lubing and smoothness. The MMO is for a bit of cleaning/keep clean and some lube.

If I mix I do 50/50 and add 4 ounces to 10 gallons of fuel. If I use straight MMO in the gas during the winter I add 5 ounces to 10 gallons of fuel. I like the idea of a bit more UCL for cold starts. It doesn't hurt mpg, and I haven't seen any negative effects.

Mechtech2 is spot on. IMO TCW3 is a better lubricant, MMO is better at cleaning, either will work as a UCL. Mixing isn't going to harm anything.

I did notice a slight reduction in oil use with TCW3 or TCW3 and MMO mixed in my Aerostar vs just using MMO. That was short lived as I'm leaking oil from somewhere again, and its to cold to be looking for it.

3 ~ 4 oz. of MMO and 1 ~ 2 oz. of TCW3 per 10 gal. of gas is worth experimenting with . I have a digital gauge in my car for MPG's which will help me dial in the sweet spot .

I have used anything from 1:1 to 2:1 (MMO:TCW3). No problems to report. Still experimenting, but I like the 2:1 ratio the best so far.

hears what i do. buy one gal of mmo. get a one gal gas can from w/mart, rip the safety catch out. note dont leave a mmo in factory one gal can outside if its getting cold, it will crack. buy one QT of tcw-3 put it in the mmo. i put 2 oz per 10 gal of the mmo/tcw-3 in the gas tank. i also have a upper lube oiler, that puts one QT,of mmo/twc-3, in the intake in 1500 miles, 1/4 turn. this is the upper oiler i use, http://www.ampcolubes.com/

Looks like a real nice upper oiling system you have there for keeping the UC lubed as long as you have the room to install it under the hood. The 2 quart steel container looks durable over the 1 quart glass container. To get the glass container out to refill and clean it do you have to unscrew the jar from the upper lid? I'm sure they sell replacement jars for the ones that break from being dropped.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Mechtech2 is spot on. IMO TCW3 is a better lubricant, MMO is better at cleaning, either will work as a UCL. Mixing isn't going to harm anything.

I did notice a slight reduction in oil use with TCW3 or TCW3 and MMO mixed in my Aerostar vs just using MMO. That was short lived as I'm leaking oil from somewhere again, and its to cold to be looking for it.

+1. I share the same belief.

My oil consumption this OCI is also down 20% from its mostly steady (since I bought it May '10) history of 1 quart per 1.2k, on the diet of MMO & TCW3. TC-W3, in my case, had no effect on it in the past when I used it alone, in my own case, but the MMO seems like it somehow may be. But I like the TC-W3 in there too for that little extra lubrication it provides over MMO alone.

And either of them, together or separately, seem to provide a small mileage gain (1-2 mpg).

-Spyder

Just don't overdose. I tend to mix myself. A pint of MMO, a pint of 2-stroke, couple ounces of biodiesel, shake and dose 1-ounce to each 4-6 gallons. Lucas UCL and Stabil bottles are great for refilling. Makes measurements easy.

you need to get the 1 QT plastic jar. have had one for 2 years no trouble, it has a small cap that is very easy to use. i took my cold air intake off to fit the the mmo jar in. i have never liked cold air intakes. they just bring dirt into the engine compartment

you need to get the 1 QT plastic jar. have had one for 2 years no trouble, it has a small cap that is very easy to use. i took my cold air intake off to fit the the mmo jar in. i have never liked cold air intakes. they just bring dirt into the engine compartment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back