Mobil Super 5000, Super HM, Super Syn Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting . It looks like they are going the route of PP and PU with 2 synthetics. Which one is Dexos 1 approved ? The old M1 formula was shown as Dexos 1 qualified a few months ago, whereas Pennzoil did ther approval on the PP formula. FWIW--Oldtommy

Originally Posted By: meangreen01
No more MC5K.

The Super Line is New to the USA
Super 5000 replaces MC5000
There is no longer a syn blend (MC7500)
High mileage remains.

It will be interesting with Mobil dropping syn blend how the Super Synthetic will be priced compared to other syn blends as well as M1. Maybe they will offer the "full synthetic" Super Synthetic at other brands syn blend pricing?

Originally Posted By: addyguy
What about M1 EP?

I don't think they are dropping Mobil 1, just redoing their conventional lineup as well as adding a new and hopefully lower priced synthetic oil..since they dropped their syn blend.

I wonder if the Mobil super is there grp3 syn and the M1 is there grp3 PAO mix.

Originally Posted By: jstutz
I wonder if the Mobil super is there grp3 syn and the M1 is there grp3 PAO mix.

Makes you wonder what there up too.

Mobil Super Synthetic and Mobil 1. Now that's really confusing... I would think that regular customer can assume that Super Synthetic is better than just Mobil 1.

Originally Posted By: daman

Methinks what they're up to can be labeled as MARKETING. It's an opportune time re: SN/GF-5.

Originally Posted By: Hallmark

Methinks what they're up to can be labeled as MARKETING. It's an opportune time re: SN/GF-5.

Going from SM to SN is marketing?

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
It will be interesting with Mobil dropping syn blend how the Super Synthetic will be priced compared to other syn blends as well as M1. Maybe they will offer the "full synthetic" Super Synthetic at other brands syn blend pricing?

+1! If Mobil prices it in the sub-$20 range it will be a sales hit! I mean, it's a pretty thin line-up down there, only ST Syn and QSUD. I know I'd think I'd at least give it a shot!

VOA, anyone?

i think Hallmark is hitting the mark. This is a way to deal with better quality, new spec oils and dealing with consumers current thoughts of oil prices. If they just sold new spec oil as MC 5K and upped the price, most customers wouldn't know they were getting better oil for more money and wouldn't be happy. To prevent us from comparing apples and oranges, this is their solution. We have been wondering how oil companies were going to deal with SN, and now we have an example of how one company is going about this change. Better product in the bottle for more money, and likely more profit.

Did I say 'going from SM to SN is marketing'? No!

Did ledslinger understand what I meant? Definitely!

So if most HM oil is marketed for vehicles with over 75K miles, how many miles is "super high mileage"? 150K?
smile.gif

Did I say 'going from SM to SN is marketing'? No!

you sure did.. clarify your self before shooting from the hip like you do,you dont like the oil move along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back