gun control again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Tempest
Any government that doesn't trust it's population with arms shouldn't be trusted by that population.

Nice quote - mind if I use it in conversations with sheeple ?

It's funny, when the insurance industry (the people who analyse facts and data) trust shooters better than most (all ???) other sports.

Rifle club, $100 gets me a year's membership and insurance, $7M public liability on the range. SSAA, around $75 gets me $7M of public liability in the field, and $70 (retail) of gun mags.

Soccer is multihundreds just for insurance.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: Tempest
Any government that doesn't trust it's population with arms shouldn't be trusted by that population.

Nice quote - mind if I use it in conversations with sheeple ?

I might wait until the hubbub over the shooting of Congress women Gifford has died down before adding that One Liner to your repertoire ;-(

It's funny, when the insurance industry (the people who analyse facts and data) trust shooters better than most (all ???) other sports.

Rifle club, $100 gets me a year's membership and insurance, $7M public liability on the range. SSAA, around $75 gets me $7M of public liability in the field, and $70 (retail) of gun mags.

Soccer is multihundreds just for insurance.

There was a study by John Lott that showed that CCW permit holders were by far the safest and least likely people in society to commit crimes.

I can't find it now but it was something like .2% of CCW holders are ever convicted of any crime.

Actually, it's been determined in court that Police have no obligation to protect you...i.e. if you make a call, and they take a month to get to your emergency, then it's your problem...one that you can't legally provide a solution for pre-emptively.

Wasn't it in Australia years ago that an 85 year old woman who's 15 year old niece or granddaughter or something was raped by two animals?

She got out the trusty 9mm she never turned in and payed a visit to the slime that was still running around. She shot the Johnson off of one and I think she killed the other one.

The courts were having a hard time trying to figure out what to do to her considering her age. An angle she already thought about before she did what needed to be done.

If I remember correctly she was quoted as saying, "What are they going to do to me?" I never heard the final outcome.

Actually, it's been determined in court that Police have no obligation to protect you...i.e. if you make a call, and they take a month to get to your emergency, then it's your problem...one that you can't legally provide a solution for pre-emptively.

Exactly. I lived in LA during the riots. I know how ineffectual the police can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back