VOA Motul Specific 507

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2011 Touareg TDI and my plan is to keep the factory fill for the full 10,000 miles with a sample done at 5,000. I think I would prefer not to use the dealer supplied Castrol and plan to use either the Fuchs, Motul Specific 507 or M1 ESP going forward. While under warranty I'll supply the oil and let the dealer do the labor. I appreciate your help and opinions in making a choice.

page0001-1-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
The VOA does not look to impressive I admit (and I don't know much about V-UOA's) but it's like a blind taste test as not every thing shows up on such an analysis.. and with the reputation Motul has I would not bet against them !!!

As for the factory fill going 10k it should be no problem, as many engines now are broke in on a dyno or such before ever being bolted/secured to the frame. I also agree with you going the full 10k on break-in, times have changed from today's break-in to years ago when the term "break-in" became familiar with the internal combustion engine.

What Fuch's formulation are you considering? Might be a better choice than this oil. I'm trying hard to find something to like in this VOA. No luck...

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
With a 6.2 TBN...I wouldn't do 10,000 OCI on the factory fill. But thats just me....

I don't think this is the factory fill. Postings on other forums suggest it's a Fuchs formulation.

10K on a factory fill is new to me; I've always changed it right away, but trusted posters over on TDIClub.com say leave it in. VW is supposed to change it after the post build dyno run so it's already had one change. I'll test at 5K to see how it's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back