Which oil for my Landy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Charged
Thanks Charlie... for making it conclusive!!

So if I use the Delvac 1... what mileage is it good for like the maximum.

What is your sump capacity?
I'd guess roughly 10000-20000km depending on driving pattern.
Even the best oil isn't worth keeping in the sump if contaminated with dirt that gets past the air cleaner if driving a lot on dusty roads.

Charlie

Originally Posted By: m37charlie
Originally Posted By: Charged
Thanks Charlie... for making it conclusive!!

So if I use the Delvac 1... what mileage is it good for like the maximum.

What is your sump capacity?
I'd guess roughly 10000-20000km depending on driving pattern.
Even the best oil isn't worth keeping in the sump if contaminated with dirt that gets past the air cleaner if driving a lot on dusty roads.

Charlie

Sump capacity is 8 liters. And yeah we have a lot of dust!!

@charged
i have toyota hilux vigo d4d 3.0L.i was using 15w-40 multi grade dello gold engine oil.at morning start up i feel knock during frist start up.My owner,s manual rec for 20w-50 and 15w-40. i was up set with this engine oil.i also wrote to toyota thailand motors company and Soni motors thailand, they reply me:-"Heavier viscosities, such as 20W-50, straight 30W or 40W, may help maintain good pressure in hot weather but are too thick for cold weather driving and may cause start-up lubrication problems - especially in overhead cam engines.Light viscosities, on the other hand, such as straight 10W or 5W-20, may improve cold weather starting and lubrication but may be too thin in hot weather driving to maintain good pressure.That's why most car and OE parts manufacturers and we recommend 5W-30 in modern engines for year-round driving in Pakistan".

before i can,t found 5w-30 fully synthetic oil in my area(Multan). when i saw that 5w-30 havoline fully synthetic, i deceide to try it. as it is ACEA A1/B1,A5/B5
now i am using 5w-30 havoline Fully synthetic. no knocking,smoth start up and With quit engine voice.i am changing it at every 5000km with orignal oil filter.In our country Pakistan, in my opnion,change the oil at 10000km is not good idea due to weather condition and dust.i am happy with caltex havoline fully synthetic 5w-30.

The Delvac 1 5W40 I recommended offers very good (low) starting viscosity (5W) but high temperature protection with the 40 specification.

Charlie

Relative to A3/B4, A1/B1 offers a bit less piston deposit protection but better fuel economy, at the cost of an HTHS (high temp/high shear) viscosity of 2.9-3.5, vs. the A3/B4 and of course the Delvac having an HTHS>3.5 (more like 4.0 in the case of the Delvac).
Considering the heat of the plains where you live, the stress of climbing in the hill country, and your concern about roller cam followers, I'd get either an A3/B4 or E4/E7 oil. Otherwise, you'd be trading a loss of film thickness for a slight fuel economy gain.

Charlie

in Pakistan.
CALTEX havoline fylly synthetc SAE 5w-30 performance standards is API SM/CF;ACEA A1/B1-04,A5/B5-04,C2-04

I think this oil is better heat protection then regular 15w-40 and 20w-50 minral oils available in Pakistan for diesel engines.

what is your opnion please?

ACEA A1/B1 and A1/B5 do not offer at least 3.5 cP HTHS (@150C.), where as A3/B4 and E4/E7 do offer this protection.

Charlie

Originally Posted By: Qaisrani
In our country Pakistan, in my opnion,change the oil at 10000km is not good idea due to weather condition and dust.i am happy with caltex havoline fully synthetic 5w-30.

Changing full synthetic motor oil at 5,000 km is a waste. A mineral or maybe a semi synthetic would be a more cost effective option. At a minimum, I would run a full synthetic for 10,000 km and change your air filter at every oil change.
thumbsup2.gif

ACEA A1/B1 and A1/B5 do not offer at least 3.5 cP HTHS (@150C.), where as A3/B4 and E4/E7 do offer this protection.

Charlie

so we have other CALTEX MINRAL oil witch is MULTIGRADE 15W-40 with API CH-4,CG-4 CF/SJ. ACEA E3,E2.Grade.
pease tell me witch one is the best choice in these 2 oils for a 3.0L D4D engine?

@Falcon_LS

witch viscosity synthetic oil you are using in kuwait weather?

Mostly 5W-30, 0W-40 or 5W-40.

@charlie
Today i saw "shell helix ULTRA,fully synthetic API SM/CF 5w-40,ACEA A3,B3,B4.
Is this better then caltex havoline Fully synthetic SAE 5w-30 API SM/CF;ACEA A1/B1-04,A5/B5-04,C2-04?
My Truck ODO is 43000KM now.

@charlie
Today i saw "shell helix ULTRA,fully synthetic API SM/CF 5w-40,ACEA A3,B3,B4.
Is this better then caltex havoline Fully synthetic SAE 5w-30 API SM/CF;ACEA A1/B1-04,A5/B5-04,C2-04?
My Truck ODO is 43000KM now.

Yes. I would recommend the A3/B3/B4 over the C2 oil for a Euro 3 vehicle. For reasons of HTHS>3.5 (especially in your climate), and higher TBN.

Charlie

thanks dparm,
Delvec is not available here im my area.shell helix ultra 5w-40 and havoline 5w-30 available here in synthetic oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back