Is a CarQuest a Wix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a Wix#51372. My local CarQuest dealer claims that CarQuest#85372 is the same filter and is made by Wix.

Thoughts?

Don

Yes a search would have showed same filter, just with CQ logo on it.

they have two a red and blue version with there red equivalent to a Napa Gold and the Blue equivalent to a Napa Pro Select.

there good filters..

As I recall they have a "red" and "blue" line; one is top shelf and one is mid-line in quality. The Carquest top of the line is made by Wix to what would essentially be the same as "gold" in the Napa line. Both made by Wix, AFAIK. Use with no hesitation.

Per the direct Wix interchange guide, they are cross-referenced; your dealer is correct.

Last edited:
I would not use a Napa pro select (or eq) with the rubber combo valve. These are much worse than OCoD in my estimation. The combo valve is a garbage,flawed design. Std wix are good.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I would not use a Napa pro select (or eq) with the rubber combo valve. These are much worse than OCoD in my estimation. The combo valve is a garbage,flawed design. Std wix are good.

I agree...that is a bad design IMO

Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite

I agree...that is a bad design IMO

Yep ... leery of the "combo valve" design.

they have two a red and blue version with there red equivalent to a Napa Gold and the Blue equivalent to a Napa Pro Select.

there good filters..

Actually, it is the other way around. The Reds are the equivalent of the ProSelects, kind of bottom tier. The Blues are top tier, on par with the Golds.

Originally Posted By: HWEaton

there good filters..

Actually, it is the other way around. The Reds are the equivalent of the ProSelects, kind of bottom tier. The Blues are top tier, on par with the Golds.

Ahh thanks for the correction, i wasn't 100% but knew it was one way or the other.

That's good to know you guys. I can't always find an O'Reilly's on the road, usually can find a Napa store, but Carquest is everywhere in some parts of the country.
I rarely use my local Carquest as they are geared to shop deliveries and the shelves are pretty bare.

I need my WIX fix.

No I didn't as I am getting senile these days. I didn't know the blue was wix-ish anyway beccause all we got here is the red AFAIK.

Originally Posted By: river_rat
No I didn't as I am getting senile these days. I didn't know the blue was wix-ish anyway beccause all we got here is the red AFAIK.

Hmmm.. you should have both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back