report: my jeep had OEM NGK plugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so when it comes time for plugs in my 08 3.7 Liberty what plugs should I use? I've read so much about it, my head was spinning, now its spinning again. LOL

I don't know about your application (Jeep) but I been having very good luck with NGK Iridium plugs (SUV & Motorcycles).

I'm using Autolite Double Platinum APP5224 plugs as per recommendations from various Jeep Liberty forums.

Great plugs so far (10 000Km on them), smoother idle.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Ok so when it comes time for plugs in my 08 3.7 Liberty what plugs should I use?

Liberty 3.7s come stock with copper NGKs, and they seem to work well.

I always use the oem spec plug. Champions in my outboard and NGK in everything else.

Ok so when it comes time for plugs in my 08 3.7 Liberty what plugs should I use? I've read so much about it, my head was spinning, now its spinning again. LOL

Look under the hood, there should be a label telling the correct ones, per the factory production of your engine. It may be on the inside hood lid. I would be interested to know what it says. use those and you can't go wrong. There is nothing wrong with Champion made plugs, if it says those.

lol.gif
My Mazda came with OEM Motorcrafts.

I really liked Champion Gold and Champion Truck Plugs. I don't know why they discontinued them. I would use Champion Gold again

DENSO Iridium Power work great in my Chrysler 4.7L, Volkswagen 2.0T FSI and 2.8L VR6. They'll be going in the rest of my engines as they come due for a change. Lovin' those NipponDENSOs...

Originally Posted By: goodtimes

Look under the hood, there should be a label telling the correct ones, per the factory production of your engine. It may be on the inside hood lid. I would be interested to know what it says. use those and you can't go wrong. There is nothing wrong with Champion made plugs, if it says those.
the Spec page in your owner's manual should state the OEM plugs and gap. 2.2l subarus LOVE NipponDenso K20PRU-11. Much better than NGK. Now my Yaris 1NZ-FE 1.5l supposedly has NGK Ir plugs. 40k miles in, and haven't thought of touching them. Prob never will. Any driveability problems have been either Gas quality, oil quality or oil filter quality (or all three at once.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back