Fuel heater?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, this is my first post and I have a question that I couldn't find an answer for anywhere else.

I have an '82 vw diesel rabbit, my fuel mileage drops from 42-48mpg in the summer to 32-38 in the winter......I live in Alaska and -35F is common. In the summer the injector pump gets hot, in the winter it is always very cold.

So I want to heat the fuel and see if it makes a difference in mileage. My plan is to use this: http://www.amazon.com/Volkswagen-Cooler-...9515&sr=1-2 which is a stock vw oil cooler that uses coolant to keep the oil at coolant temps. The stock diesel filter is a spin on type so I wanted to put this between the filter and mount.
The only problem is the fuel filter has M16x1.5 threads and I can't find an extension with that thread.
Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks

if one side of that cooler mounts to the engine or the oil pan then i don't see how you can get fuel running to it. You can always upgrade some of your fuel system to ford powerstroke components and use their fittings and filters. overkill is a bitog standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back