'04 Buick Rendezvous Power Steering Fluid ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has never been changed.

When am I supposed to change it?

How do I change it? Or should I just have dealer do it?

Are there any licensed PS Fluids that are better than the GM fluid?

The Valvoline Maxlife PSU I put into my GMs seemed quiter than the OEM fluid. I just turkey baster change it every 100k miles. Take some out, fill, in a few days of driving repeat till you get 3 bottles of it in.

For PSF, I prefer Redline, Amsoil, RoyalPurple, or Sweet. I find that regular PSF's can be a little annoying during the winter. GM even sells a cold climate PSF.

Gunk, Wynns, BG, Valvoline, Lubegard, Prestone.. should also have generic PSF's that'll work just as well.

Siphon/refill is quick and easy. Buy a couple bottles and siphon/refill once a week until you run out of new PSF.

I have had good luck with Valvoline PSF but on one car with a cold weather issue I tried Redline PSF and have never had an issue since.

I agree with the others. Suck out all you can out of the resevoir once a week and refill. Do this for a few quarts or until it looks clean again.

I would like to use a PSF that at least says it meets or exceeds GM's spec. I need to get my hands on the owners manual in the car and see which spec number it needs.
I have found a few that seem like they may be good choices, based on the other comments and other research on BITOG.
I am kinda leaning towards the MAXlife but it does not have GM rating nor is it a full synthetic. Ugh.
Valvoline Maxlife
Valvoline PSF
Redline PSF
Amsoil PSF
What are your opinions?

Valvoline Maxlife doesn't meet MB spec either, but works great in my E30. Better than OEM PSF that costs 5 times more than I paid for Maxlife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back