Nitto Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nitto has been around for a while. Just like anything else, do your research and check test results/owner opinions before buying. I think they tend to cater more to the aftermarket and performance segments. Their NT05s are outstanding summer tires.

I would say -- they're one of those things that, if you need them, you'll know it. The NT01s are very popular on the track. No point to them on a street car, though.

robert

Nitto was owned by Toyo Tires until 2005. They sold it off to the new Nitto North America Inc. They are based in California now.

Originally Posted By: Finklejag
........They are based in California now.

I think you'll find the Nitto is a Japanese based tire manufacturer with a sales organization in California.

I own a set of Invo's and the are great, had them for a good 35k + miles and probably still have 10 useable thread left. It probably the quietest high performance tire I have ever owned, even past half it's thread life. They are sticky enough for the strip and comfortable. I have been more than pleased with them. Next I might try continental's dw's only if the price is right, if not I'll be back to the sexy looking Invo.

I also had a set of Neogen and while they had a bit better hydroplaning resistanse, they started to get really noisy after 18k miles and only had useable thread for about 24k. (wife's car) In every category but the already mentioned, the Invo's are better.

She's rolling now on a set of continental dws and so far so good, much better tan neogens, great over water (houston rain) and good on dry.

By the way, we both have Scion tC's. Hers with 140whp mine with 301whp and 303tq, if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back