f250 diesel 6.0 oil question please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was told to come to this forum because you guys know your stuff. heres my question and please dont shoot me down for asking this i am truly curious. i am in a position to use mobil 2 jet turbine oil for free in my truck for oil changes. i know it sounds crazy but free is free haha. i have heard that they have new synthetic 5w oils for diesels and from what i can tell it quiets the noise of the diesel a bit. so i am unsure of how all the specs of oils read and mean. can anyone on here please enlighten me on this subject and not make me feel like an idiot asking such a question?....

+3 It sounds like wow this oil is used in a jet engine it must be totally awesome....but the inside of your diesel engine has special needs and jet lube does not meet those needs as amazing as that may sound. Stick with your Rotella, Delo and Delvac etc. They are blended to keep soot down and are excellent oils for a diesel engine. Save the Jet oils for a collectors item.

Are you guys sure he does mean using #2 jet fuel instead of diesel fuel? If so I believe jet fuel is approximately equivalent to kerosene.

Mobil Jet Oil II is jet engine oil. The expectation is that it will quickly ruin a diesel engine. Who wants to experiment? A rebuilt 6.0 is about $5k, plus labor.

For the love of GOD, please don't give the 6.0L another reason to fail!!!!!!!!

As a past owner of one, just simply use what has been recommended on here.

I owned a 2006 6.0L for approx a year and a half. I was SO RELIEVED when I traded it in on my 2002 7.3L diesel.

I had that P.O.S. in the shop more times than I can remember and paid more 100 dollar deductibles than I can count. I don't mean to turn this into a bash, but I literally cringe when I hear my neighbors 6.0L crank on a cold morning.

Again, don't give the 6.0L another reason to fail. It was engineered with PLENTY already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back