****BITOG's FAVORITE OIL 2010 RESULTS****

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should make this a yearly thing, it will tell if the favorites change from year to year and probably the effectiveness of the oil bigger oil companies advertising budgets. If we included grades of oil dino or synthetic we could see if there is a swing toward "thicker or thinner" oil. If dino or synthetic is gaining popluarity. Lots of info.

The only thing that surprised me was I would have thought Castrol and Valvoline would have switched positions on the list. I would have though Castrol sold more oil that Valvoline. Oh well,

Nice job! Thanks!

i, too, would like to see it go another year. i'd post this time.

like others have said, thank-you for doing this. there is so much data on this site. it is nice to see some of it distilled here. Great job!

Yall make me feel good
blush.gif

As for the Castrol/vavoline, after all the BP stuff went on I am not suprised.

Originally Posted By: DT466E_bus
Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary
Hi,
DT466E - Great effort - thanks

Keep the DT466 going - great power plant series!

Thanks! Sadly, it has to go after this year(age limit, who knew
21.gif
), no telling what I will get next.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: daman
Not accurate unless all 33,000+ members posted,but still nice job.

i didn't vote..

Do you know how glad I am all 30,000 didn't post?
lol.gif

There was no voting.......all this came from Jan 1, 2010 to the end of the year on the Post your latest oil change thread.

I bet lol

Man that was a lot of work. Thanks!!

I was a bit confused (easy to do) - so the data is only from the "latest change" thread? Somehow I was thinking the whole site....YIKES!!

Originally Posted By: daman
Not accurate unless all 33,000+ members posted,but still nice job.

i didn't vote..

Well, in all my oil changes for 2010, I only posted once.

But heck....that is how statistics work. Those that choose to reply....are how the numbers are crunched.

I really appreciate the effort and am a bit amazed at the results, to be honest.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
I am surprised Quaker State did better then Motorcraft...But it's all good.

I am not surprised at all. I am 42 years old and three months ago I purchased my first quarts of Motorcraft. I think it is awesome oil, but in irony....it is the oil that was in my 4Runners engine when it blew!!!! I still have four quarts and will use it with confidence in my daughters Yaris.

Wow, I'm surprised to see Valvoline (my current favorite) in the top 3, beating Castrol in the process. Interesting.

Thanks for putting this together.

Gureat job thanks.
I am not supprised about the Pennzoil (Penzoil for Johnny)
With the Most excellent Q&A they provided.
But I am supprised to see Amsoil down so low.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
The top 5 are readily available at mass market retail chain stores. Not surprising the results given this is a mostly DIY forum.

Really not surprising when the results were only taken from one thread. Not taking anything away from Troybuilt's work, but you have to realize there is nothing really statistically valid unless you have some caveats.

Originally Posted By: Ken42
.....But I am supprised to see Amsoil down so low.

I'm not. Too hard to get and too expensive. Additionally, the big boys have now released oil that rivals Amsoils claims....and they are sold at WalMart.

Sure. Hard to get. Expensive. Whatever. Let's not discuss that here.

But 30 users? Gary, O2man, and I have more customers than that from BITOG......but again back to the poll.

The question in that thread is what? "What oil did you choose for your latest oil change?". Most of my customers are extended OCI people. I don't think many, if any, change under 6 month intervals - most go 12 months or so. Think about it a minute. Typical BITOGIAN fashion, Ken42 and others aren't thinking it through and seeing your good work as "What oil is the most POPULAR?" It doesn't work that way.....these are two very different questions. Plus like any voluntary poll, you have to factor in the people who took the time to answer, etc.

Guys - use your critical thinking and logic skills. Along with a good heart, it will make you a better person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back