2003 Silverado, Delvac ATF in tranny, t case & PS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a good stash of Delvac tes 295 synth ATF, and am going to use it in the trans, Power steering and transfer case. Anything better than this for any of these uses? Truck has 24K easy miles.

There has been some discussion on the truck forums about using Dex IV in tcases, especially ones originally designed for Dex III. Seems some guys have had issues, can't remember the exact issues though, might want to check.

I run Dex IV in the 4L80 and DexIII in the tcase.

TES295 is a great DexronIII ATF for your trans and xfer case.

GM PS use PSF.

You should find out which model number xfer case you have and research it. Some are engineering failures. If it is a lemon, I'd would skip the ATF and use an MTF/MTL type fluid.

Did the transmission today, cooler line exchange with no filter change. Drained it, then ran 13 quarts of tes 295 though it. Might shift smoother now. Still debating about what to use in the steering.

Steering, Lubegard, Redline, RoyalPurple, Amsoil all have great PSF's. And, if the weather is cold in Mizzourah, GM cold climate PSF is an easy choice.

Originally Posted By: 4Kings
There has been some discussion on the truck forums about using Dex IV in tcases, especially ones originally designed for Dex III. Seems some guys have had issues, can't remember the exact issues though, might want to check.

I run Dex IV in the 4L80 and DexIII in the tcase.

There is no such thing as DEXRON IV, do you mean DEXRON VI?

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
The auto 4x4 transfer cases you can only use Auto-Trak II fluid in and you have to get that at a dealer.

+1

Napa also carries it, but I can't find the product number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back