2007 mitsu endeavor rear differential fluid help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, I have a 07 Mitsu Endeavor and I would like to change the rear diferential and transfer case fluid..Specs for my vehicle call for 80w-90 for both rear diff and transfer case, but I was wondering if I could use a 75-110 or even a 75-140..I live in the NYC area so its cold in the winter and hot in the summer..Its also lots of stop an go traffic with mixed highway intervals in between..So any recommendations anyone could give would be great..Im thinking of either RP 75-140 or Amsoil Severe Gear 75-110..thanks for all the info

I am leaning more towards using 75w90 in both the rear differential and the transfer case...you are right that in the cold it would be really thick so I guess I will go with a 75w90 which is close enough to specs..thanks hounddog

There are many good 75w90s. I would go for that. I doubt you're racing the car so a 75w110 or 140 would be a bad choice.

no im not racing it..its mainly city stop and go traffic, some highway driving, some long trips so i guess the 75w90 would be the best way to go and still stay close within specs..do you recommend any brands to use?? I was going to use Amsoil, but i was also looking into trying Valvoline ..so which brand do you recommend??

Mobil Delvac 1 75W90 can be obtained in 1 gal containers but they are hard to find. Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Oil LS 75W90 is similar and comes in qts. The LS additives won't hurt anything if you don't have an LSD.
IMHO people spend too much time worrying about using synthetic engine oils but virtually everyone benefits from syn diff oils, changed every 80-100K or every 4yrs, or whenever contaminated with water.
The only exception is the offroader who fords rivers every weekend. He ought to use the cheapest GL5 he can find because he's better off changing it very often.
1 gallon case: http://mooreballiewoil.thomasnet.com/vie...gear-oil-75w-90

Charlie

There's minimal stress on the xfer case and rearend. The Endeavor is predominantly front wheel drive with AWD when needed.

Feel free to use ANY full synthetic GL5 75w90. Mobil1, Castrol, Valvoline, Pennzoil, Royalpurple, Motul, Lubromoly.... are some from the local auto part stores. The 4x4 and speed shops will usually have or can get Redline, Amsoil, Neo,....

good point Charlie..i do worry more about my engine oil then diff and xfer case oil, and I am going full synthetic in both..I looked at RP which was 18 a quart and the Amsoil is 10, so i guess thats a no brainer to go with the Amsoil then

Yep Amsoil is pretty good stuff , but i guess i like to try different products to see how good they are..I guess we all have our favorite brands that we stick with..I would try RP but i dont know if its worth it spending an extra 10 bucks for a similar product, unless people think RP is that much more superior to Amsoil..Im sure RP is great stuff though, but i do like Amsoil

I had an '07 Endeavor, and used Red Line 75w90
in diff & tc. Worked well. I imagine Amsoil
would work great also.

jringo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back