Mobil 1 Racing Oils at Half Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I just found some Mobil 1 Racing 0W-20 and 0W-30 at about half of the price it was a few months ago. Its like $10 or so per bottle now. Why has Exxon Mobil lowered the price of their racing oil so dramatically? Have they had problems with the oil, or is it because they could not sell the oil at $20 a quart?

--Bluthe

If you are going to use this in your personal car, I believe the racing oils lack the normal detergents found in other oils.

Originally Posted By: mikiee
If you are going to use this in your personal car, I believe the racing oils lack the normal detergents found in other oils.

this is correct, unless it says its safe for street use.

Mobil 1 FAQ on here says the only reason it's not recommended for street use is due to the high level of ZDDP and the potential damage it could cause to a catalytic converter

I've been looking at mobil 1 racing oils and what I'm finding is Amazon and Ebay at $18 to $20 dollars a quote. Where did you find this stuff at half price?

Originally Posted By: Dr. E
I've been looking at mobil 1 racing oils and what I'm finding is Amazon and Ebay at $18 to $20 dollars a quote. Where did you find this stuff at half price?

I just saw this on Amazon for 10 dollars a quart.

Motul implies on their website that their race oils have plenty of additive for street use. I would bet that Mobil 1 R has high TBN but one would of course need a VOA to be sure. The market for oils in engines that are rebuilt after every race is probably an extreme niche and Mobil 1 is such a large brand name that I doubt their race oils are formulated for these engines exclusively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back