What tool do you use to add air to your tires ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sifan
I used to use a 12v tire compressor, but the need to keep car running while pumping tires and breathing tailpipe emission was really unpleasant.

Why would you need to keep the car running? I never do.

Quote:

Some of the 12v tire compressors on the market draw as much as 15A that might damage your car electrical wiring.

Cigarette lighter socket has a fuse which would blow first before allowing any excessive current to flow through the wiring.

I kept engine running while using a 12v tire pump in order to prevent a dead battery (car doesn't get driven often for long distance plus batter is weakest in cold winter).

I won't like to go through the trouble of replacing the 10A fuse for the cigarette lighter all the time.

I have my compressor, which is in my basement, plumbed to provide an air fitting on the side of the house. I plug in an air cord and do my tires that way.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
After seeing how much moisture comes out of these gas station compressors I'd rater use a bicycle pump than use them.

But I have a $20 portable compressor and it works great.
+1 The ones at the gas station are always spitting out water!!!

I use the little Sears compressor that I bought to run the hammer when I installed hardwood floors. Works great, and very convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back