two stroke snowmobile oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have about 10 liters of 2 stroke snowmobile oil laying around, could i use this instead of tcw rated oil, its says on the bottle low ash formula, is there much difference between the two. I know the snowmobile oil is much thinner than the outboard oil is in the colder weather to pour from the bottle. this to use at 640:1 in my cars.

Last edited:
There is no tcw rating, some of it is bombardier blizzard, a few castrol and stp

Originally Posted By: hemitom
There is no tcw rating, some of it is bombardier blizzard, a few castrol and stp

If its not labeled TC-W3 oil it isn't ashless. This might not matter in a snowmobile, but ashless 2 cycle is what you want in the fuel for your car. Outboard 2 cycle oil tends to be ashless and carry the TC-W3 spec because of the environmental aspect.

-Spyder

Last edited:
The reason you want TC-W3 is that being ashless, it won't affect the catalytic converter.

Of course if you don't have any......

Originally Posted By: Trajan
The reason you want TC-W3 is that being ashless, it won't affect the catalytic converter.

What will ash do to the cats?

I've been using the dirtiest of dirty snowmobile oils in my car @ 500:1 for the last few tanks. No harm done as of yet. I had the exhaust manifolds off this weekend and there was no more soot in there than i'd expect to see.

Originally Posted By: Loobed
Originally Posted By: Trajan

What will ash do to the cats?

Could clog the cat after a while.

Last edited:
At the dosages you should use in your car's fuel, it should not make a difference.
Well, of course it is in the wrong direction a little bit, but I would personally use it in the fuel until it is used up.
This is what I used to do when I used the leftover snowblower mix in the cars.
Later, you can buy the 'good ' stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back