MMO and emissions testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I started using MMO in my Astro van last year, I was concerned that it might negatively impact my vehicles ability to pass the mandatory semi annual AirCare governmental emissions testing.

2 years ago my van barely passed, and with MMO consistently added to the tank for more than 12 months, I was not sure what to expect, but numbers actually improved and it passed with a greater margin this time, and that is a good thing!
grin.gif

I had the same thing happen with a Chevy Caprice I bought from my FIL. I had to get a state inspection to get it on the road, and that included the sniffer test. It just about passed, it had to be done twice. As soon as I got the car I started adding MMO to the gas, the following year it passed with flying colors. It had the same plugs, air filter, CC, and 02 sensor. In fact nothing was changed except that it was fed a steady diet of MMO.

I recently had a emission test, but after the testing (pass), I did the Regane and I'm now using MMO. I was hesitant at the time because I didn't know how MMO would affect the sniffer testing. My HC was a little higher than average - I'll probably keep using MMO (in the gas) till next smog test which is still every 2 years for us.

Quote:

semi annual AirCare governmental emissions testing.

Do you mean every six months? I always get confused with "semi" and "bi" !

- Vikas

Testing once every 2 years is what I was intending to say - sorry for the confusion!
blush.gif

We actually pay $42 for the test, so I am glad we don't have to do it more often.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Quote:

semi annual AirCare governmental emissions testing.

Do you mean every six months? I always get confused with "semi" and "bi" !

- Vikas

I've used 2 bottles of Seafoam and 91octane gas in my cars for the liberalized California Smog Check II.
So far.. I've been successful and have had no issues with emissions.
The motors run very clean, especially after a Seafoam treatment via the vacuum line!

This is good to know for those of us using MMO. I will cut back on the TC-W3 before my test and do it straight. I always pass with no problems though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back