techron in the vue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just registered my salvaged Vue. It was sitting in NJ for months, then in PA while I repaired it for months, and then in NY for two months, all with the same tank of gas. I finally registered it, and have been driving it to and from work. Wow, I thought I had a cracked and leaking fuel tank, the mileage was so bad!

I finally almost ran empty today. The car has about 23000 miles, and has probably never seen a bottle of additive, so I figured a bottle of Techron plus fresh gas should to mpg's wonders.
I was right! Total improvement! Can I credit the Techron, the fresh gas, or a combo of both

Fresh gas.Shop near me buys wrecked Crown Vics government cars and fixes them.Some are real low mileage.Like 4k up.Anyhow the guys at the shop say that after a month or so the 4.6 in those cats will run poor,spark knock badly until fresh gas put in them.I'm sure the additive you used maybe had to help but the new fuel was the cure.

hardcore302,

If you Vue was mine I'd most certainly believe the combo of fresh gasoline and the additive Techron improved it's condition. However through my observation you may have been on the edge of that old gas going bad for sure!

I'd double dose that tank of gas with twi big bittles of Techron and take it out on the freeway just make sure your fine. That way you know your injectors aren't clogged. Then I'd have a good tune-up done on your Vue.

Durango

The fresh gas definetely helped out.. the octane level was what the car was looking for.
But I wouldn't hestitate to throw something in the gas, be it techron or MMO... just because

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back