I bought a 2010 GTI 2.0T

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to be using M1 5w40 TDT on my 20k oil change. Verifying on the VW approved list from their website it is VW 502 00 approved. You can pick up the 4qt jug at pretty much any Walmart but you will have to visit a Napa or Autozone for the 1qt bottles. Good luck

edit: I drive a 2008 Jetta Wolfsburg with the 2.0T FSI...forgot to mention that...

Carbon Nanny. lol

So true though. My performance of my D.I. car went to the [censored] at 11k mi. I can Seafoam it and the performance comes back quite a bit (not completely though), but is gone again in just a couple hundred miles. I'm looking into the BG service now. About $150 a pop.

Originally Posted By: rdeano9
I am going to be using M1 5w40 TDT on my 20k oil change. Verifying on the VW approved list from their website it is VW 502 00 approved. You can pick up the 4qt jug at pretty much any Walmart but you will have to visit a Napa or Autozone for the 1qt bottles. Good luck

edit: I drive a 2008 Jetta Wolfsburg with the 2.0T FSI...forgot to mention that...

TDT does not meet VW 502.00. The Mobil 1 5w40 oil you see listed as 502.00 is a UK oil.

Originally Posted By: BobFout

TDT does not meet VW 502.00. The Mobil 1 5w40 oil you see listed as 502.00 is a UK oil.

Quoting myself since I can't edit my post:

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil_1_Turbo_Diesel_Truck_5W-40.aspx

Originally Posted By: BobFout

WOW. I emailed VWoA customer care to ensure it was on the list and they stated it was! I appreciate the heads up before I actually used it, geezuz. Thanks again Bob. I guess back to M1 0w40 for me...

I'd let the dealer change it every 10k, but do one halfway inbetween to be safe. The OEM Castrol is decent.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Mobil 1 0w-40 at 5k intervals.

Every 5,000 miles, be sure to run a can of Seafoam or Amsoil PowerFoam through the intake to clean the intake valves. The 2.0T is direct-injected and has a lot of issues with massive deposit buildup. If you start early and clean the intake valves frequently, you may not need to manually remove the intake manifold to clean 'em.

Absoultly a good idea. You see pics of sludged VW's all the time.
Hope you enjoy your new car!
Good choice on the 6 speed!

Originally Posted By: DT466E_bus
Originally Posted By: The Critic
Mobil 1 0w-40 at 5k intervals.

Every 5,000 miles, be sure to run a can of Seafoam or Amsoil PowerFoam through the intake to clean the intake valves. The 2.0T is direct-injected and has a lot of issues with massive deposit buildup. If you start early and clean the intake valves frequently, you may not need to manually remove the intake manifold to clean 'em.

Absoultly a good idea. You see pics of sludged VW's all the time.
Hope you enjoy your new car!
Good choice on the 6 speed!

I haven't heard of the 2.0t having sludge but i know the 1.8t is a ridiculous sludge monger. But thats easily taken car of with use VAG approved oil and regular OCIs. Go figure.

Also with how tight VAG is with warranties why would you run oil not on the VAG approved list for that vehicle? Doesn't make sense. There's a spec given by the manufacture for a reason. They've also taken the time to approve or unapprove of hundreds of oils.......

Furthermore. I CANNOT BELIEVE someone on the first page gave a 'Run Dino' Suggestion. Not trying to flame.... But GIVE ME A BREAK. It's a turbo for one. For two no Dino has a VW approval. For three it came factory Synthetic.......

I know i posted a question/suggestion about an 03 vr6. However, i didnt know that the 2.8 version was using VW Spec oil.

/half flame

Originally Posted By: rshunter
You guys realize that this is a 13-month old thread, right?

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I was wondering to myself why the guy bought an '10 and not an '11 =D

Originally Posted By: rshunter
You guys realize that this is a 13-month old thread, right?

yes, i am the one who brought this thread back. i had similar questions and did not want to start what would be the same thread again and was hoping to catch the attention of those who have already contributed to this... sorry if this offends you

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
I don't think he expressed offense at all.

Yeah i think he was just making fun of everyone commenting.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
I don't think he expressed offense at all.

Yes, thank you. Now get out there and put some miles on that Cruze...

Originally Posted By: Kaie
Yeah i think he was just making fun of everyone commenting.

Bingo! It was the responses that were aimed at helping a new owner out that I found humorous, as the OP hasn't been a new owner for over a year.

That is all...

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
For a Direct Injected engine and short trips, I would go with 4-5k/6mos OCI's with dino and let dealer do the free yearly oil change.

You want to utilize VW free maintenance for 3 year/36,000 miles, if only to get the scheduled maintenance stamped on your VW Book. You may be able to get free brake fluid flush too, and these are the time to get them check for other parts under the bumper-bumper warranty.

bingo....and exactly what I am doing with my 2009 Passat with the 2.0 TSI. I am using the oil filter for 10k miles and pouring in GC on my own fill, getting the free....Dealer fill every 10k.

Not sure what I will do with the TDI, but think I can be comfy with the 10k fills from the dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back