Lucas "Red and Tacky #2" grease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE#3752 Lithium Complex Grease from Lubrication Engineers Inc. is probably the best I have ever seen for chassis grease. Waterproof & won't pound out, also contains Almasol, a solid lubricant.

ill say one thing about the red-n-tacky. its MADLY popular with all the rednecks in my part of the world.
its as popular as cowboy boots round' this parts.

If you can find it try MYSTIK JT-6 multi-purpose HI-TEMP grease, this is by far the best grease i have ever used. I witness this grease blow away MOBIL full synthetic grease in heavy duty construction equip. in severe service.

Mystik JT-6 Hi-Temp or Chevron Delo. I use a lot of grease. I like Mobil 1 grease, but find for non-moly applications the afore-mentioned two are the best...great for Universal joints, too.

Yes I would agree with elf ,the LE 3752#2 is a very good chassis grease,also their 1232 is good,,,personaly Schaeffers 274#2 is a good grease,for extreme use is chassis the 238#2 Schaeffers ,compaires to the LE 3752,,,,,,,,,and yes Mystik high temp is a very excellent grease in many apps also,,along with Mystik SX-8,,any of the above mentioned greases are upper tier products,though the Mystik greases are Lithuim Complex,and Schaeffers are Aluminum Complex which are better around water/moisture,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BL

Thanks for the suggestions. Those other brands mentioned are not available in Dallas over the counter at any retailers I checked (Autozone, O'Reilly's, Pep Boys etc)although the carry the Lucas "Red N Tacky". Has anyone actually used the "Red N Tacky" grease? Apparently it's very popular among non-BITOG folks!

I used some when I put an electric drill back together, it had gunk in its gears and I used the Lucas because it was the best I could find at the time. It definately lives up to the name red and tacky. It sticks to everything and is hard to get off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back