good article from a jeep website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on! There is so much in there that is out of date or inaccurate I don't know where to begin. When I read a statement like this:

Quote:
Delvac has zinc and phosphorus but no TBN count.

it makes the whole article suspect. Plus, the Pure One he shows is an old model.

Last edited:
I would not trust this article. Here is a quote:
Quote:
ACEA spec oils that meet A1,A2,A3,A5 allow only 15 units of cam/lifter average wear before test fail.

AND THEY HAVE NO ZDDP!

I remember having Maxlife Synthetic that the Valvoline product data sheets listed with 1200 ppm zinc and phosphorus, and it was rated ACEA A3!

That article is cabbage, he is so far off on the API ratings and there associated Zinc/Phos. ratings. He seems to think that ZDDP wasn't even an oil additive until the late 80's.

Reads like the rantings of a mad man.

Nothing useful there, and some even worse myths than he is trying to squelch!

The OF pics are clear but I think they are kiped from another site.

Quote:
Good article- first time I've seen someone poo-poo on a Pureone.
Don't know about the ZDDP part, but the filter evaluation is absurd, IMO. The filter evaluation was posted here a year or so ago and I said the same (or worse) then.

Where is the testing to back up his comments. Filtering ability, adbv and bypass below average for the P1. I say where's the proof, he's got none. How can one take the guy seriously when he describes the P1 with the word "Ick"? Guy's a joke! P1 uses a silicone adbv which works great in my experience. Also the P1's filtration has now improved since the blue can but 98% on it is not too shabby.

And that doesn't cover some of the other commentary like the Super Tech having no bypass, WRONG!

Rates the Amsoil silicone adbv as below average, don't think so.

I'll go by river_rat's actual bench testing of the filters before this subjective gas bag opinion/observations with zero proof.

Bottom line, filter pictures ok, commentary and evalution of filters, bogus.

Another article that is opinion which is fine but I enjoy when people cite others opinion as fact in following posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back