Redline Si-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read on here that, as this product gets older it turns brown/rust color.

I went today to pep boys and Yep it was rust colored. I had order some from amazon which was red.

My question is, does the color indicate its performance level or not?

I have some old style bottles from a few years ago and Ive not seen this. I have seen some sort of oil that seemingly settles out of solution, which is brownish, but it is small bits in the bottom, not whole bottles full.

I bought more than 20 bottles of Redline when it was on clearance from AAP and yes.... the color does change from Kool-Aid red to a dark red/brown as it gets older. I shake the bottle before adding it to my gas tank, no worry or concern about the color. In the picture below you can see some of the bottles changing color. The dye/color does not make any difference in performance.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1134494&page=1

I wouldn't worry about the color change either. It won't affect the performance of the Red Line. I have seen Regane do the same thing, I had a bottle or Regane in my garage that turned from its normal medium yellow to a dark orange-ish color. I used it without any problems at all.

cool, Thats what I thought just checking
smile.gif

Thanks

Good to know. I have about 16 or so bottles myself, but haven't noticed any color change yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back